International Rumours abound : Has a top Chinese intelligence official defected to the West?

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
- Past few days rumors and news article allege that a top Chinese official from their State security apparatus has defected to the US.

- Official in question is "Vice Minister of State Security Dong Jingwei"

- He is alleged to have flown to the US from Honk Kong , with hsi daughter

- According to the Rupert Murdoch owned News.com.au

Mr Jingwei served as a prestigious counterintelligence head of China’s Ministry of State Security, otherwise known as the Guoanbu. His intelligence is reported to include early pathogenic studies of the virus, models of predicted covid spread and damage to the world, and financial records detailing which organisations and governments funded the research.

He may also have information about the names of Chinese spies working in the US, and how the Chinese government gained access to a CIA communications system.

Former Chinese foreign ministry official Dr Han Lianchao, who defected after the Tiananmen Square massacre in 1989, wrote in a tweet this week that if true, Mr Jingwei’s defection “is really a big bomb”.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coron...s/news-story/d61277b586d043c6942bcce7b8b70d44

-

Rumours swirl that China’s top spycatcher has defected to the US
If Dong Jingwei has jumped, he would be the most high-profile Chinese official to do so, and could aid US in Wuhan lab leak investigations

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/06/18/rumours-swirl-chinas-top-spycatcher-has-defected-us/

-
‘Wouldn’t normally comment’: Marise Payne declines to confirm rumoured Chinese defection

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...moured-chinese-defection-20210620-p582jf.html

---

Well *if* this is true, this is yuge news. It is a yuge blow to the CCP. No confirmation yet, just rumors.

Well if he didn’t yet is being named publicly like that he’s probably already dead

Xi's frequent political purges might encourage more and more people to "jump ship".

Couple days late to the party. Didnt want to start a thread since most would attack the sources as far right

They leaked his name on purpose and he is working with the DIA., rather than FBI or CIA because the defector believes they are compromised

Rumors are others defected as well, but those details are even more scarce

Couple days late to the party. Didnt want to start a thread since most would attack the sources as far right

They leaked his name on purpose and he is working with the DIA., rather than FBI or CIA because the defector believes they are compromised

Rumors are others defected as well, but those details are even more scarce

Well ffs, he should have known that mentioning Hunter Biden's family corruption is probably going to torch any kind of deal he might have made. Guy's on his own now with Xinnie the Pooh after him.

Well ffs, he should have known that mentioning Hunter Biden's family corruption is probably going to torch any kind of deal he might have made. Guy's on his own now with Xinnie the Pooh after him.

That is why he went with the DIA though, as that is controlled by the military, rather that other agencies closer to DC. For instance, even the brother of General Flynn just took control of Pacific command. And while I think Austin is very meh, I don't think he is potentially compromised like Wray, and people in the FBI, CIA, DOJ, etc

Seems there is some internal turmoil to a degree within the various communities.

Last edited:
Why not data dump to WikiLeaks?

I think the "1/3 of Chinese students are spies" is an exaggeration. However, I wonder how many Chinese government agents are sent to US college towns to keep track of Chinese students to ensure they don't embrace American culture too much.

I think the "1/3 of Chinese students are spies" is an exaggeration. However, I wonder how many Chinese government agents are sent to US college towns to keep track of Chinese students to ensure they don't embrace American culture too much.
Sounds like an exaggeration but maybe they mean 1/3 have cooperated with the Chinese embassy in some way, which I would easily believe. Basic intelligence gathering things like letting them know who runs what departments, attending events, that sort of thing.

Sounds like an exaggeration but maybe they mean 1/3 have cooperated with the Chinese embassy in some way, which I would easily believe. Basic intelligence gathering things like letting them know who runs what departments, attending events, that sort of thing.

That sounds right. It is interesting though if you do a deep dive into how much research, etc has been stolen abd given to CCP, from even American professors, etc.

Start watching around 6minutes for about 5min, and that is just some FL universities. I have listened to other people list the infiltration in other areas, giving all sorts of research, getting all kinds of pay offs.

The fact they infiltrate the offices of those on the house intell committee, among other things

There's enough people talking about it that there's seemingly some truth to it, but it isn't lost on me that America harbouring China's "Dong" is pretty funny

Wiki only targets the west. Why is that?

They do engage in widespread industrial espionage. Plenty of stories of Chinese nationals being caught stealing secrets. Can't think of any other country that compares.

I mean they could be in a benign way. Like they are told by their schools to gather data is some form. They do it and think it’s a survey or what have you. Thing is the definition of it is probably really wide in this case

They do engage in widespread industrial espionage. Plenty of stories of Chinese nationals being caught stealing secrets. Can't think of any other country that compares.
The Soviets. But nothing currently Not even close

I think that may actually be his only security. If those contents were also handed to a third party by Dong Jingwei with instructions to release everything if anything happens to him, Biden's handlers may have not have as much control as they'd wish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back