International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it yours?
"As a result, the department now has additional money in its coffers to use to support Ukraine as it pursues its counteroffensive against Russia."

I mean ill try to explain it like your are 5

You tell your mom "i need $10 dollars to buy 10 apples since they cost $1 dollar" then you go to the store and buy 10 apples and you find out that you still have $5 dollars left because you calculated the cost of 10 apples wrong, so now you go back to your mom with 20 apples.

It just depends on whether there are emergencies or not. This isn't even a philosophical disagreement at a certain point; its just a matter of practicality. Kings emerged because of warbands. War- a highly time sensitive emergency- only functions with strict hierarchies. "Normal order" leads to all sorts of processes and procedures being generated to smooth out the natural inequities of strict hierarchies. When emergencies come, even in liberal societies, hierarchy overtakes process and procedure out of necessity. Technologically, we won't have kings again unless we have warbands again; we only won't have illiberalism again if we have no emergencies again. Carl Schmitt wrote a great book about this- its not about what we prefer, its about what is needed. I think assuming we will not have emergencies again is naive.

The genius of America has been our flexibility in slipping into illiberal modes, then slipping out of them again when no longer needed without disrupting society. We've had our dictatorial periods, but we simply forget them and pretend they didn't happen. That's way, way better than burning the world down during every transition, like France.

OK, but even in a worst-case scenario, people know better than to tolerate a permanent emergency. One thing rightists don't appreciate is that new information can't really be bottled up again. I don't think it's conceivable that a future regime could conceal all evidence of the history of liberalism from the public.

Absolutely. The groundwork for all of that had to be laid in the 1999-2012 timeframe however- which it was. Without buying off the right power centers, and without delivering improvements for the country to keep his popularity high, he never could have done it.

I continue to remain perplexed about the purpose of this war. After the seizure of Crimea and the Minsk agreements, IMO Russia had everything it needed to permanently keep Ukraine out of NATO and cause chaos there whenever it wanted.

I mean I feel like the groundwork for the Russian system of apathy and rule by ruthless strongmen predates Putin by some time. He's just the most recent benefactor.

If about privatisation and bad west...
Even before Poroshenko and Zelensky.
Ukraine had in privatisation in one case sold some important state owned enterprises to " nice guy ".
Guy wasn't westerner or jew or slavic origin person.
Just for these times measure rich, fat and " nice " millionaire who after this had turned from millionaire to billionaire and oligarch was born in this world.
Ukraine and Russia in such manner had created a lot of newborn oligarchs.

Fraud AND Incompetence...

Lol... Meh, just another $6 billion. Who's counting though, am I right?

Yes indeed. And what can we do?

Wanna start a company like the one that did the Frye Festival so we can rebuild Ukaraine, take billions of the tax payers money, and provide FEMA tents that are outdated and cheese sandwiches?

Ukraine before ( NB)! 2008 th too was cool thing . majority of russians doesn't have clue...
During privatisation process in the same dumbass 1993-2007 th just in one case privatized were 28 state owned enterprises and buyer was fat, rich caucasian.:D
Maybe his sons and relatives will do " rebuilding of Ukraine " regardless from war outcome.:DBusiness is business, nothing personal.

OK, but even in a worst-case scenario, people know better than to tolerate a permanent emergency. One thing rightists don't appreciate is that new information can't really be bottled up again. I don't think it's conceivable that a future regime could conceal all evidence of the history of liberalism from the public.

The fuck?? The US has had some sort of a State of Emergency going since the 70's. Great way for the President to by-pass Congress. lol...

The United States is in a state of emergency – 30 of them, in fact (2014)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-in-a-state-of-emergency-30-of-them-in-fact/
The United States has been in an uninterrupted state of national emergency since 1979. Here in 2014, we're not dealing with just one emergency - there are currently 30 of them in effect.

That's according to data on presidential declarations of emergency compiled by Gregory Korte of USA Today. "Those emergencies, declared by the president by proclamation or executive order, give the president extraordinary powers — to seize property, call up the National Guard and hire and fire military officers at will," Korte writes.

Russia ofc is a bit different world with ppl easy to brainwash and elite during 100 years knew how to manipulate with ants.

Therefore their elite propandists might have Rolex watch with 50000-200000 $ USD price and to use tailor made clothing created cos individual order and after talking about " bad dying west " to use enemies alco with price like 100-6500 $ for 1 bottle and laugh about ants crowd in russia

BTW there sure are a lot of Ukrainian soldiers with swastikas. I'm sure it's probably nothing…

BTW there sure are a lot of Ukrainian soldiers with swastikas. I'm sure it's probably nothing…
Ofc it is nothing.
Westerners are idiots and russia does knows this.
Travel to asia and go to temple and tell them how bad is swastika.

Russia is smart country, they does know how stupid and unskilled are a lot of western dumbasses and always will be.

Let's go to hinduism and buddishm temples and teach them about " Hitler and swastika ".
Most likely they will deNazify you and one useless inhabitant in this world will not walk around as burden.

Absolutely. The groundwork for all of that had to be laid in the 1999-2012 timeframe however- which it was. Without buying off the right power centers, and without delivering improvements for the country to keep his popularity high, he never could have done it.

I continue to remain perplexed about the purpose of this war. After the seizure of Crimea and the Minsk agreements, IMO Russia had everything it needed to permanently keep Ukraine out of NATO and cause chaos there whenever it wanted.
Greed, ego, hubris

Got hooked on his own propaganda.

Russia told Ukraine it did not want it to be part of NATO. For years it felt this was a threat. To not follow that path or it would likely lead to a Russian invasion of Ukraine. See the irony here. This, after Russia had already taken over Crimea in 2014 without any resistance.

51 years and counting, the US still has not invaded Cuba even, Russia couldn't spend more than 20 years without invading Ukraine.

No mate, you missed the whole point. I was referring to Soviet nuclear missiles in Cuba and how Kennedy was ready to go to war with the Soviet Union over the whole deal. Cuba had every right to have Soviet missiles in its soil. Plus, missiles could fly directly from the USSR into the US. The US already had nuclear missiles pointing at Moscow from Turkey and Italy. The US claiming the moral high ground when it had clearly started the whole 'nearby' threat against the USSR.

Cuba wasn't demilitarized, they had Warsaw Pact gear with Warsaw pact training and were part of COMECON.

If we draw an analogy, then Ukraine would have the Finland experience where they get NATO gear and NATO training and become members of the EU, that was clearly unacceptable for Russia.

Russia invaded in 2014 because Ukraine wanted to be part of the EU, not because they wanted to be part of NATO.

People who support a never-ending proxy war in the Ukraine are not liberal either.

What a bunch of fucking hypocrites you all are.

I don't support a never-ending proxy war, and I'm not aware of anyone who does. That's a strawman. The ideal is for Putin to stop invading Ukraine. I think the hypocrites are people who claim to be anti-war and support an invasion of a sovereign country. I thought we all agreed that the Iraq War was wrong, but I'm seeing a lot of people who claim to be on the left who are cheerleading a much worse invasion, with even less justification.

Status
Not open for further replies.