Russia/Ukraine Megathread V5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I do appreciate those numbers. It may very well be that China does have a more capable military than Russia now. If we're going to put them under the microscope with what's been happening to them in Ukraine.

I think most estimates are that China is spending about 3 times annually what Russia is on their military. Would seem to make sense that they'd have overtaken them. And yeah...in this conflict Russia is showing some "holes in their game" for sure.

I wonder what sort of guarantees Russia could offer Ukraine for it’s negotiated positions to be taken in good faith? Considering Russia is not now, never was and never was going to be at war with or invading Ukraine, the un-defined “de-militarization” type demands seem like they would require some kind of amazing guarantee of respected sovereignty, and from a source other than the guy who claims they are not now and have no claim to be a legitimate country.

Regardless, Ukrainians will have to continue to inflict at least this much damage to Russian forces for some likely considerable amount of time ahead. Hopefully that tops out at another week and Russia doesn’t drag this out and cause even more unnecessary death and suffering.

What I wonder is how important the not joining NATO is vs Not joining nato AND not militarization. Cause if not in NATO they could still receive arms from us, etc. if they can still militarize, but agree not to join NATO, they might as well because then we can and will fund them out their ass, just like Afghanistan.

I think this will happen eventually and then once all is agreed upon and Ukraine seems stable, they will be attack again in a few years leaving billions of weapons, money, etc behind to be plundered just like the bitch Afghanistan withdrawal.

Are you legit hearing a lot of people in the US media clamoring for the no-fly zone that the Ukrainians keep asking for? I'm honestly asking, because I haven't heard much of that at all. Maybe once or twice since this started I've heard someone advocating for it? But it could be a lot more that I've just been tuning out.

They do repeat often that Ukrainians keep requesting it, no doubt. Most that I've heard have said the usual "Caution is a good thing...we need to thread the needle between not appeasing Putin but also not overtly escalating, etc etc."
Zelensky got a standing ovation from congress after asking for it, Maria Salazar said "of course" she supports setting up a no fly zone and going to war with Russian, Lindsay Graham was publicly urging people to assassinate Putin, several pundits and a current senator accused Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard of treason for saying we shouldn't go to war with Russia, the hens on the view and Keith Olberman said they should be imprisoned for it.

Why do you think that?
The fact that the go pro guy is prone and looking away while they shot at the door and then he went to the other side of that small house or shed while the other guy shoots the door. They aren’t wearing arm bands. It sounds edited too.

If it’s real, then those guys have all my respect but I’m just being critical right now.

Zelensky got a standing ovation from congress after asking for it, Maria Salazar said "of course" she supports setting up a no fly zone and going to war with Russian, Lindsay Graham was publicly urging people to assassinate Putin, several pundits and a current senator accused Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard of treason for saying we shouldn't go to war with Russia, the hens on the view and Keith Olberman said they should be imprisoned for it.

I guess there's a reason I tune so much of it out. At some point a line has to be drawn IF Putin decides he's not done after Kyiv falls. But anyone thinking we should start a shooting war now....FFS. No.

I think the video is fake.

You were the one who posted it... can I ask if you would have made the same post thinking it's fake if I hadn't responded with my post ?

Just genuinely curious

I guess there's a reason I tune so much of it out. At some point a line has to be drawn IF Putin decides he's not done after Kyiv falls. But anyone thinking we should start a shooting war now....FFS. No.

Yea, a lot the top senators on the republican side have come out in support of escalating. Even the leadership in the house strongly came out in support. This is the establishment in a nut shell. Not only did we approve a billion in military for them we provided just as much to relocate them to America to add to the 2 million+ that streamed through the border and also from Afghanistan, all unverified

WASHINGTON—President Biden is expected to announce more than $1 billion in new military assistance to the Ukraine government as early as Wednesday, according to U.S. officials, as Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky is expected to make a plea to Congress for more aid to defend his country against Russia’s invasion.

While this does confirm Zero Hedge is GOAT-tier as they were a hour before WSJ with the specified $1 billion allocation specific for military... I am not sure if this is in addition to the 14 billion or apart of it. I am sure it is apart of it and the reason is they needed to pass it ASAP so that Biden would announce it during/after Zelenskyy talks to congress tomorrow, that is why there was efficient bipartisanship to pass the 1.5 trillion so fast (boy, let me tell you about the neo cons and establishment uniparty that will benefit from the rushed passing, etc, but I won't derail)]

As you can see, this almost 3000 page bill that was released in the middle of the night last week, so the house could vote for it right away (in less than 20 hours), without possibly being able to read it was just signed in

but notice in the bill, they omit the COVID response effort which would help Americans struggling, that way they could rush this through and Lindsey Graham can talk about it on FOX for a few weeks

UPDATE: Biden now does not want to give the 1 billion. Oh wait, this was just when he was VP and threatened Ukraine if they investigated his son. My bad

right and I am pointing out there were no deaths at the theater, which was the narrative from the day before, that Russians bombed a theater full of women and children leading to their deaths.

how is this so hard to follow? I clearly outline what I was saying, that Russia said there would be a false flag at a theater. Then a theater was bombed and it was reported many died from that bombing of a theater, but even the AP is now reporting that no one died

obviously civilians have died… just not at the theater, as you agree with, which is the point lol

god damn you guys are dense

was told by one dude critical thinking is not needed, and now you saying what you say is true, but there is other stuff that is irrelevant to what you’re saying, so there! Lmaaoooo

A theater has been bombed. Ukraine blames Russia. Russia blames Ukraine. Do you believe Russia to be a reliable source?

She did give information, it just wasn't information you wanted to hear, so much that you're actually angry that she gave more context to the conflict, who it involves, in which cities.

I'm obviously rooting for Ukraine in the conflict, but I don't really even know how that's going, because according to our media, it's somehow simultaneously the Russians getting BTFO'd, the ghost of Kiev taking out half their military, burning ragdolls in the streets with most of the Russian military wiped out, Putin getting murdered any minute now, but also it's really urgent that the US get involved and start shooting down Russian planes. Well which is it?

This is a good take. There is very little reliable information out there.

That said, it seems likely that the Russian forces are taking more casualties than they planned for, but also are still winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.