International Russia v. Ukraine Conflict Megathread Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what about Ukraine's protection? Why do you think Putin can dictate what Ukraine does? What if Ukraine WAS already in NATO? This wouldnt even be happeing.

Invasion is never good, never the answer. Fuck Putin. But I'm just telling you what I think would have stopped it. We fix nothing if we don't seek the answers to why it's happening.

Btw when did the entire anglosphere decide to start calling Kiev Keev? Just wait until these morons find out that Vienna and Florence have different local names.

Its Kyiv ....
Its the Ukrainian spelling , Kiev is the Russian
Its done in sympathy / support of Ukraine.

Everything is pointing to Russia getting their shit pushed in, even in Eastern cities which had pro-russian rebels. The only people who have made it into Kiev are special ops and they have gotten wiped out as well. Hell Kiev's airport is STILL functional 72 hours into this. Add on the MASSIVE amount of weapons the Country's will have to Ukraine by tomorrow, and Ukraine could potentially force Russia to withdraw and accept only the Eastern cities it recognized as independent.

Russian push has been very successful in the south.

Alaska is 55 miles from Russia...
They are bordering countries.

To compare, China wants Taiwan and claim Taiwan is China...
they are approx 100 miles appart.

Correct, but still do not share a border

How exactly are those Ukranian women and children on the subway (bunker) getting food, water, and going to the bathroom? They can't stay down there for weeks to come. I wonder if the American Red Cross could get involved. NATO and the UN sure as shit won't.
621836bed80ca400192d0ebb

73f5e26a514b9bd50c84d9be6ba24e37

I don't understand how anyone can believe this
Russia constantly harasses countries in the Baltics and the Nordic region that wouldn’t be aligned with NATO without sufficient provocation. You’re falling for excuses.

Russia doesn't control one airport, I think you vastly overestimate their ability to do something like that. You make it sounds as if they can follow every single pilot in Ukrainian military and blow them up hundreds of miles away..
That is exactly what they should be able to do - the Russian Air Force. Damn! Even North Korean and North Vietnamese pilots did a better job at 'dog-fighting' US pilots in the air.

Correct, but still do not share a border

They are neighbouring countries yet it seems not to be an issue for Russia.
They should be shitting bricks but never been an issue.

Until the next online social crisis fad kicks in next week

This is what gets me. We import 600k barrels of oil and day from Russia. We fund his War Machine. And these folks think they are changing things by changing their SM status or making signs.

How bout demanding your countries stop feeding Putin.

They are neighbouring countries yet it seems not to be an issue for Russia.
They should be shitting bricks but never been an issue.

Well, they'd have to take it up with the creator of Earth.

"The circumstances of the death of the Deputy General Director of the Unified Settlement Center of Gazprom for Corporate Security, whose body was found in the prestigious village of Leninskoye in the Vyborg District of the Leningrad Region, are being established. A note was found nearby, law enforcement officials told 47news. A month earlier, in the same village, the body of a top manager of another division from Gazprom's orbit was found. Both of the now deceased previously worked at Gazprom Transgaz."

Did a google translate.
https://47news.ru/articles/208119/

Dont know if its true.

Its Kyiv ....
Its the Ukrainian spelling , Kiev is the Russian
Its done in sympathy / support of Ukraine.
Seeing as how both are spelled in Cyrillic and neither pronunciation sounds like kiev or keev, it seems pretty dumb to me.

How exactly are those Ukranian women and children on the subway (bunker) getting food, water, and going to the bathroom? They can't stay down there for weeks to come. I wonder if the American Red Cross could get involved. NATO and the UN sure as shit won't.
621836bed80ca400192d0ebb

73f5e26a514b9bd50c84d9be6ba24e37
Oh shit! They are. Well, someone has some balls! Bravo.
"Red Cross teams now in Ukraine will continue their work to repair vital infrastructure, support health facilities with medicines and equipment, and support families with food and hygiene items."

Is the American Red Cross Helping Ukraine?
"Working closely with the Ukrainian Red Cross Society, we are increasing our response to the humanitarian needs in Ukraine. Our support to people includes emergency assistance such as food, water, and other essential items."

Seeing as how both are spelled in Cyrillic and neither pronunciation sounds like kiev or keev, it seems pretty dumb to me.

Ok. But thats the reason behind it.

Reactions: JSN
Status
Not open for further replies.