News Ryan Garcia names Derrick James as his new trainer

He's already worked with 2 of the best trainers in the biz. He is who he is. This reminds me a lot of De La Hoya changing trainers to excuse his shortcomings.

He's already worked with 2 of the best trainers in the biz. He is who he is. This reminds me a lot of De La Hoya changing trainers to excuse his shortcomings.
Could have to do with the alleged spy in his camp too. I kind of remember some shade or accusations being floated at Goosen who might have brought the alleged mole in as a sparing partner.

Can't hurt. Training with dudes who have the power/skill/& viciousness to exploit his clear defensive lapses may help him some...or ruin him faster. Lol. We will see I guess.

There's always hope for change for the better and improvement if the person himself is Really serious so let's give him the benefit of the doubt. I hope he can fulfil the potential his athleticism and explosive speed attributes give him and add proper technique and application to the gifts.

He hasnt worked with Abel Sanchez or Freddie Roach

Fair enough i guess, but we'll see how long it lasts.

Might be a good fit for Ryan especially to be outside of his comfort zone

Back