Safe to say colby the new champ?

Feed Colby to Shavkat.

Usman already wiped his ass with Colby twice, so why would he be favoured to beat the guy who just beat Usman twice?

Don't see Leon getting his hand raised in that one

No chance Colby wins this fight

Leon stuffs his takedowns and beats him up on the feet

Kamaru is Colby 3.50 and Leon outclassed him easily

usman is a slow motion plodding bad kickboxer with no wrestling.

all of his advantages are gone it happens with every wrestler ever. Even recently dc turned into just a tiny shitty boxer.

Colby actually throws punches on the feet and is aggressive.

Usman just at kicks and threw a few punches.

Colby will lead Leon into a slugfest.

Really hard to say. I think Colby isn't as physically strong as Marty but I think his cardio is a bit better where he can keep chaining the wrestling together and score points when Leon gets tired. He also doesn't have the same KO power as Usman though.

Similar-ish fighter to Usman but I think its a compelling match. Leon looked unreal tonight. I definitely want to see it. One thing you might not be factoring in is that Leon is a huge dude and will have a noticable size advantage over Colby. He isn't as much of a brick shithouse as Usman but he isn't far off, and he's a really tall guy who moves around well. Colby will have to eat some sharp shots to get close enough to wrassle him. All together I think I favor current Leon honestly. He deserves all the respect for that performance, I think he improved more than Usman declined (although I think its probably a bit of both). Leon's biggest improvement was his confidence after getting the strap. Dudes offense was way better this fight.

Leon showed that he'll be a tough fight for Colby, but I don't think it's fair to say that Colby is simply a lesser version of Usman. Colby throws way more kicks and also a much higher volume. That sheer volume could be a problem for Leon, but it's hard to say. I'd also point to how Colby was able to dominate Masvidal with the wrestling pretty easily, taking him down over and over. Compare that to Usman vs Masvidal where Usman largely had to just hold Jorge against the fence because he couldn't get him down and keep him there. Just one recent example. Usman was definitely more dominant than Colby with wrestling in the past, but at this stage, I think Colby is clearly much more dominant with it than Usman is, and I could see Colby using his wrestling very well against Leon.

He shouldn't even fight for the title until he actually fights a contender. Not a 39 year old WW coming off two losses.
Right because the UFC is going to matchmake Belal over Colby because it's the right thing to do instead of going for what is obviously the bigger PPV money fight in Colby vs Leon. Come on now guy... You know what the UFC will do heck if anything if Masvidal wins over Burns he's next for Leon after Colby is Leon is still champ.

He shouldn't even fight for the title until he actually fights a contender. Not a 39 year old WW coming off two losses.
You do realize Usman had just fight Masvidal twice right. So the champ fights him but it’s not a good win for Colby?

You do realize Usman had just fight Masvidal twice right. So the champ fights him but it’s not a good win for Colby?
Its a good win, but not one that should give Colby a titleshot, esp. sitting out for a year refusing to fight the likes of Belal, Kahmzat, Shavkat, etc. Usman fought Jorge coming off 3 finishes. Colby fought him after coming off two losses, one being a KO.

Also you were trying to tell us Belal had no Top 5 wins and then switched to there are not currently ranked Top 5. Yet here we are again with you talking about Masvidal being an important win for Colby cause the champ fought him. Like I already told you yesterday, make up your mind on what appraoch your using first. If we're talking about relevant wins currently, Colby has one win inside of the Top 15 which is Jorge. That is the win streak he is on right now. He's 2-2 in his last 4 fights. He's not fought in a year. He has lost twice to the guy that just lost twice to Edwards, one being a finish. And the last win over a contender coming off of a win was RDA in 2018. Colbys resume does not legitimize a titleshot right now under any metric, outside of promotion.

Right because the UFC is going to matchmake Belal over Colby because it's the right thing to do instead of going for what is obviously the bigger PPV money fight in Colby vs Leon. Come on now guy... You know what the UFC will do heck if anything if Masvidal wins over Burns he's next for Leon after Colby is Leon is still champ.
I said he shouldn't fight for a title. Never talked about the UFC's plans and what they want to do. They obv. are looking at the promotion side of things, which is why they want Colby or Masvidal. I get why, but don't agree with that approach for many reasons.

I think what Colby said is true, he mixes his takedowns up / in better than Usman.

I think he could use pressure and pace better but Leon is going to win.

I think Shavkat beats Colby, too much submission offense, reach and striking from distance.

Would be an entertaining Volume V Accuracy encounter.

I always have this slight fear Leon is too passive when attacked at volume, as if he resents having to produce too many unscripted shots.

Colby would put it on him, but Leon with his movement, size and precision should be able to light him up repeatedly.

I think this fight is all about Leon's mentality, if he accepts the volume and embraces the pressure he should put a sound beating on Colby's ass. If the volume makes him too passive and reticent to really let go, it could all go wrong for him.

Back