Sage gon full natty

You can look like that and be natty but you sacrifice everything else. You won't perform good in MMA except for maybe 5 min.

I've been saying it since the beginning, Sage could've went into bodybuilding.

He really couldn't have.

I hate that I know this, but Sage has an awful (tall but narrow, no width to his clavicles) bone structure for bodybuilding purposes. His chest and ab inserts are also really unfortunate by bodybuilding standards.

He's genetically gifted in the sense that he's capable of putting on lean, dense muscle, but at the same time he has some pretty apparent genetic limitations in the form of his shitty muscle bellies and bone structure.

ao2mXVn_460swp.webp

Should open up a strip mall karate dojo and he could teach mma, bjj, point karate, weapons, self defense, cardio kickboxing etc and make bank. My instructor does quite well but you gotta offer a variety of classes and get em on contracts unfortunately to have financial security. Being a former UFC fighter could def help with the marketing, I know people way less successful than him in the martial arts world and in worse shape who make bread with strip mall kids karate. Sage could kill it. Not easy but def better than getting his face broken and reconstructed.

I have to wonder if there is not a point of diminishing returns, if not negative returns, for MMA fighters who engage in that level of body building.

I know he is still doing BJJ, cardio, striking, etc...but you don't have a limitless capacity for training. At some point, whatever you choose to do is probably coming at the expense of doing something else with that time, energy, etc. and still allowing for adequate (never mind optimal) recovery...so how much of that weight training comes at the expense of doing something that might be more relevant to his MMA career (assuming he plans to continue)? Is carrying that amount of muscle conducive to optimal performance in a cage fight?

I have to assume he has knowledgeable people around him...but I had my face smashed into pieces in my last fight, I'd probably be looking at focusing almost exclusively on doing things to avoid that happening again and I question whether that weight training is the way to go about it...but what do I know. *shrug*

Back