Sam Alvey: "The UFC pays us way more than we deserve."

just discussed this with the baseball comparison... the bottom guy on an NFL team is way better at their sport than the bottom guy in the ufc... like WAY BETTER... those guys were studs through gradeschool, highschool, college.. then beat out other professional players for a roster spot... and its a team sport... you don't go to see tom brady... you go to see your team... For me... i go to watch the Arizona Cardinals lose... not the Kyler Murray...

{<huh}

Lol at supporting low wages while talking about talent level. How do you expect the talent pool to get better when the base pay is so low? Take Kamaru Usman for instance, standout wrestler all throughout high school and college, won an NCAA national championship, still got signed to the UFC on a shitty 12/12 contract. That's absolutely pathetic.

The numbers don't lie. The NFL pays 50% of the revenue to the fighters, the UFC only pays 18%. And if we're being honest it's less now as profits have soared and fighter pay stagnated.

aaaand this is exactly why i think fighter pay is useless to talk about. when any other sport or career for that matter feels like they're being jipped, you know what they do? they strike. MMA fighter is the only profession i ever heard of where none of the victims try to help themselves and in fact PROTECT THEIR VICTIMIZER.

if you want to change fighter pay, educate fighters, but then they'd realize getting the fuck beat out of you for hot dog branders isn't the best career choice.

Last edited:
{<huh}

Lol at supporting low wages while talking about talent level. How do you expect the talent pool to get better when the base pay is so low? Take Kamaru Usman for instance, standout wrestler all throughout high school and college, won an NCAA national championship, still got signed to the UFC on a shitty 12/12 contract. That's absolutely pathetic.

The numbers don't lie. The NFL pays 50% of the revenue to the fighters, the UFC only pays 18%. And if we're being honest it's less now as profits have soared and fighter pay stagnated.

you know why the NFL pays 50% though? because the players won't accept anything less. the UFC fighters do.

I mean he doesn’t even deserve to be in the UFC in the first place. Let alone get paid anything by the UFC.

You see, as so eloquently explained by Sam and some very smart people in this thread, the UFC and ESPN are actually performing charity when they broadcast prelim fights.

They have generously decided to pay people 10/10 to get CTE out of the goodness of their hearts. They certainly don't use prelims to push advertising and streaming subscriptions and make massive profits.

This logic is brought to you by Shitdog's finest minds.

{<huh}

Kamaru Usman was 7 and 1 during that fight... he's been paid like 6 to 10 million man... wait until you find out what other ncaa wrestlers make now..... p.s. it's whatever job they get maybe plumber? They do well... construction? Less..

P.s. % of revenue is easy when you have 10 billion in revenue and 30% net profits. The WNBA girls want a % of revenue when the organization literally loses money... so uh... -dollars they owe the wnba for playing? No no no not net... GROSS... k well UFC has Gross revenues of 1.6 billion net profits of like 400 million.... if the UFC paid 50% of revenues to fighters they would be losing 300 to 400 million a year... you're a great business man.... you could probably run the pfl

Edit, fuck it let's pay them 50% gross revenues.... will you buy the $200 ppv so they can actually be a profitable company ? The larger you get the easier it is to pay economy of scales 101... because the NFL doesn't want 40% profit....

Last edited:
He's projecting. And at least when it comes to himself, he's right. He was way overpaid for years

He's 100% right. Not sure how anybody can disagree with what he said.

Ehh, he's married to a model, that's a pretty good effort, he could nearly be a Sherdogger!

But the idea that people only tune in to watch the headliners is actually wrong. Sure, people are most interested in the headliners. But they tune in to watch a card full of fights. That's what differentiates the UFC from boxing.

Is there numbers or something that proves this? Because, honestly, I feel like lots of people I've met just tune in for the main card or co and main events.

lol i looked him up on wikipedia and after 9 losses in a row he has won 2 fights and is the new Karate Combat HW champion

1853394632.jpg

Damn a 2nd prime.

Hopefully he makes it back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back