Same size Henry Cejudo beats Khabib, tell me I am wrong

I feel like people underrate Cejudo because of his cringe antics, but beating Mighty Mouse, Cruz, Dillashaw, and Moraes is no small feat...

These "same size" arguments are always moronic, because if you change the size of the fighter you're changing everything else about him, and your perception of any fighter is based on their current size.

Simply put, the Cejudo your accustomed to seeing would not be the same as a Cejudo who happened to be 155. There's a difference in speed, reflexes, so the fight style must change as well.

To think you're going to keep all the benefits of being a smaller size and receive none of the detriments of being much larger is just foolish.
If Cejudo was 155 he likely wouldn’t have won Olympic gold because he’d be competing at a much deeper weight class.

Do you mean if Henry was the same size as Khabib he would beat him? I guess in never-never-land anything is possible.

If GSP was 250lbs he would own the HW division as well, of if Jones was 125lbs he would be champ there.

Olympic gold medalist
20080819__Cejudop1.jpg

82457661.0.jpg

150-0 in Arizona Interscholastic Association.
Won the Colorado High School Activities Association championship twice.
Won the Fargo National title in freestyle while still in High School, it's a college title.

They are no nothing associations but you can look at it like Khabibs record before UFC.

Won the US National Championship at 55 kilograms, qualifying for the US World Team Trials, first high schooler to do so.

US National Championships 2 times, silver once.

Double MMA UFC champion @ 125lb and 135lb

dhYZAZp.gif

oCmmEu2.gif

loAhEbX.gif

Cejudo.jpg

EdibleSlipperyAdamsstaghornedbeetle-size_restricted.gif

EnormousIllItaliangreyhound-small.gif

KnobbyFlippantAfricanaugurbuzzard-size_restricted.gif

a640660ca335af92eb3d1da727f6bf44.gif

Khabib can't even move up in weight though he fought WW outside UFC. He knows why.
Not sure, but Same Size Ngannou would be in trouble

Olympic gold medalist
20080819__Cejudop1.jpg

82457661.0.jpg

Won the Fargo National title in freestyle while still in High School, it's a college title.

They are no nothing associations but you can look at it like Khabibs record before UFC.

Won the US National Championship at 55 kilograms, qualifying for the US World Team Trials, first high schooler to do so.

dhYZAZp.gif

oCmmEu2.gif

loAhEbX.gif

Cejudo.jpg

Khabib can't even move up in weight though he fought WW outside UFC. He knows why.
You are wrong. That was easy.

The thing is, where do we draw the line? I was outside the other day looking for a good spot to grow my dope when I saw this weird looking bug pulling the carcass of another bug that was like 5x its size. Imagine if that bug was the size of Khabib?

Weird looking Khabib bug via flying inverted armbar.

Well yeah, if Khabib were in another division BW would be the one he'd have the least success at. It's full of guys with top tier grappling, great striking and an ability to mix it up better than Khabib has.

People will bring up the Gaethje fight as an example of someone with good wrestling that Khabib has beat but his MMA wrestling is worse than Yans, Cejudo's, Dillashaw, prime Cruz etc.

They also don't gas during grappling like Gaethje, Conor, Dustin etc do either.

Cejudo at any weight with relative height to that weight class would be champ.

Also Justin was a phenomenal wrestler but he didn’t survive on the ground. Cejudo hasn’t shown all that great ground game. Wrestling and Grappling are two admittedly as similar but different things.

Same size Henry Cejudo beats Khabib, tell me I am wrong

qDjgzs1.gif

cjOGsBQ.gif

At the end of the day Henry is 5'3 which is why this happens

Amazing how a triple C special athlete goes from that to a lil bitch when he’s around someone bigger than him with training. And he thought he could beat Garcia in a boxing match.

Olympic gold medalist
20080819__Cejudop1.jpg

82457661.0.jpg

dhYZAZp.gif

oCmmEu2.gif

loAhEbX.gif

Cejudo.jpg

He’s not the same size nor will he ever be. Although if Cejudo was Khabib’s size he would have had a deeper talent pool to compete against in the Olympics and probably wouldn’t even made it on the Olympic team.

Khabib was far from the best wrestler in Russia, far from. He couldn’t make the Olympic team and did sambo instead. Triple C was the undefeated Olympic gold medalist, beating Russia’s best! He’s the better wrestler, and wrestling is Khabibs entire game.
The guys he was wrestling weren’t trapping his arms and legs and punching him in the face though.

isn't that what P4P means?

Personally I always thought it was who showed success in the most weight divisions but I've been told that was wrong

Neither is correct. "Pound for pound" refers to how good you are relative to your own size, not anyone else's. For example, if someone who weighed 100 pounds benched 150 pounds, and someone who weighed 200 pounds benched 250, the smaller person would be pound-for-pound better at bench press (lifting 150% of his weight vs. lifting 125% of his weight). It does not mean the smaller guy would be able to bench more if he weighed 200, nor does it mean the smaller guy needs to bulk up or slim down to prove his strength at different body weights.

You're wrong but believe what you want. There was a time on here where nothing was thought of Cejudo. Granted he came up and made a run beating some some guys that resulted in changing minds of many of us. Still it seems some have gotten carried away about his greatness.

If they were the same size Henry wouldnt be as fast, dynamic,etc. Its like the old: HW GSP WOULD BEAT FEDOR BRO!

Its just a pointless argument and a waste of time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back