Saudi Public Investment Fund

I'm thinking more on the lines of what they do with the WWE. Huge / Mega Events with all the stars they want...

giphy.gif

I'm sure this is true, but the Saudis are playing the long game.
To get anything close to a current ufc ppv would require them paying and icing multiple top fighters for years as they wait to accumulate talent. Maybe if they bought pfl/bellator.

I hope it happens tbh but the ufc has structured their contracts so it’s very difficult

To get anything close to a current ufc ppv would require them paying and icing multiple top fighters for years as they wait to accumulate talent. Maybe if they bought pfl/bellator.

I hope it happens tbh but the ufc has structured their contracts so it’s very difficult

Good points but I can see a path. The Saudis announce they are starting a fight league in 2025. Now pre-LIV nobody cares, post-LIV there isn't a single top fighter signing a long term contract with the UFC as soon as that announcement is made. LIV made everyone stand up and take notice (Soccer already had the rest of the world's attention). This forces the UFC to shelve their top guys or deal with the inevitable consequences, ergo much larger salaries.

He wasn't talking about morality he was talking about prestige and tradition. Golf is seen as a regal kind of sport whereas UFC is associated with this guy.

<{JustBleed}>

Golf is something elites generally enjoy doing and care a great deal about.

He was talking about looking good. This is a country that does public beheadings so I don't think they give a shit about looking good.

He was talking about looking good. This is a country that does public beheadings so I don't think they give a shit about looking good.

He meant looking good like not embarassing yourself and being taken seriously not morality they don't really care about that obviously.

For example imagine you're a dictator and one of the worlds most popular sports is slap fighting. Would you take over slap fighting? Do you want to be associated with that?

Don't think it would be an easy thing for them to do, even with all that money.

They bought some teams in soccer that still play on their respective leagues. No one gives a fuck about their own teams, even if they can pay the biggest salaries ever (ex.: Cristiano Ronaldo). It's like "oh look, they are paying a trillion dollars to get this player" and move on to not watch a single game of the Saudi Arabian league or whatever championship they are playing.

To me they would have to simply buy the whole UFC. Trying to start a competitive league would be too dificult because the UFC has all the important ties with the broadcast networks, the sponsorships and etc. It's not just about stealing some champions.

Don't think it would be an easy thing for them to do, even with all that money.

They bought some teams in soccer that still play on their respective leagues. No one gives a fuck about their own teams, even if they can pay the biggest salaries ever (ex.: Cristiano Ronaldo). It's like "oh look, they are paying a trillion dollars to get this player" and move on to not watch a single game of the Saudi Arabian league or whatever championship they are playing.

To me they would have to simply buy the whole UFC. Trying to start a competitive league would be too dificult because the UFC has all the important ties with the broadcast networks, the sponsorships and etc. It's not just about stealing some champions.

Makes a lot of sense but I could see them draining the UFC of top fighters (money seemingly means nothing to them) and forcing the UFC to partner up or sell out. Essentially what they did to Golf and that is far more massive.

He meant looking good like not embarassing yourself and being taken seriously not morality they don't really care about that obviously.

For example imagine you're a dictator and one of the worlds most popular sports is slap fighting. Would you take over slap fighting? Do you want to be associated with that?

No, but I also wouldn't want to be associated will beheading people publicly so, like I said, I don't think they care at all and will get into whatever will likely make them the most money (which is also unlikely to be MMA).

Makes a lot of sense but I could see them draining the UFC of top fighters (money seemingly means nothing to them) and forcing the UFC to partner up or sell out. Essentially what they did to Golf and that is far more massive.

I only read about the golf thing and don't follow the sport, but did they stole the top players and are those players banned from the US competitions? And are those golfing events of theirs being broadcasted in the US?

But one thing to consider is that to this day, the "top fighters" are the UFC fighters because their brand is that big.
Once you leave the UFC you're viewed as a big fish in a small pond and your skills are immediately called into question if you could beat the current UFC champion.

I only read about the golf thing and don't follow the sport, but did they stole the top players and are those players banned from the US competitions? And are those golfing events of theirs being broadcasted in the US?

But one thing to consider is that to this day, the "top fighters" are the UFC fighters because their brand is that big.
Once you leave the UFC you're viewed as a big fish in a small pond and your skills are immediately called into question if you could beat the current UFC champion.

Golf feared the Saudis deep pockets. They were so fearful they (the PGA) partnered up after stating repeatedly they wouldn't. The Saudis poached top players, guaranteed them huge money, propped up or partnered on tournaments, and basically said we will spend what it takes. As much as I dislike it, realistically, Golf probably didn't have a choice. If they can pressure the PGA, they can pressure Endeavor (UFC).

Ah yes, the Saudi's are well known for their high moral standards.
no i never said that, they want to fake it and mask their ugly past

soccer is accepted worldwide and golf is viewed as a rich classy sport

ufc is fun, but most people still think of it as bar room brawls

so if the saudi's intent is to repair their reputation, i'm assuming they want to go after more popular/prestigious things such as tennis for example

UFCs slavery contracts are usually exclusive and have a huge matching/negotiating period. So saudis won’t be able to do massive damage until a couple of years in the game
You do know what slavery is, right? Or u retarded?

Golf feared the Saudis deep pockets. They were so fearful they (the PGA) partnered up after stating repeatedly they wouldn't. The Saudis poached top players, guaranteed them huge money, propped up or partnered on tournaments, and basically said we will spend what it takes. As much as I dislike it, realistically, Golf probably didn't have a choice. If they can pressure the PGA, they can pressure Endeavor (UFC).
Lol no. They were losing huge money so they had to partner with PGA

I actually hope they do. The Saudis surely would remove WMMA, USADA and the 10-points-must-system; all which are haram, if I remember my theology correctly.
The Quran also allows stones to a grounded opponent and according to the Talion law, the one who commits an eyepoke or groin strike will be eyepoked or struck to the groin as punishment.

You do know what slavery is, right? Or u retarded?

do you even ufc?

https://nypost.com/2016/10/20/ufc-is-nice-form-of-slavery-stars-legal-fight-gets-nasty/

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/ufc/georges-st-pierres-lawyer-describes-ufc-contract-as-slavery

https://syndication.bleacherreport....the-ufcs-top-secret-fighter-contract.amp.html

“I think it's potentially a violation of the 13th Amendment, the prohibition against slavery or involuntary servitude. You can't force someone to work for you. I don't know how, under contract law, that would be enforceable. But I don't think it's been challenged.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/mma/jake-paul-ufc-fight-news-28702364.amp

When you need money, Saudis are here (or UAE, Qatar, etc).
Seriously, just try, go and tell them you will be saying good things about their country to your neighbors next WE for $50M and you're set for life.

BTW Saudi Arabia is great guys, progressive and shit, go there ! Go there. Now.

How long before the Saudis threaten to start their own fight league paying fighters larger salaries forcing the UFC to sell out or partner up? If they can buy into Golf and Soccer then the UFC by comparison is peanuts. Or is the UFC simply too much of a little peanut to care?

Probably another year or 2 and haters or gonna hate BUT they better get used to it. This is the world we live in now.

I actually hope they do. The Saudis surely would remove WMMA, USADA and the 10-points-must-system; all which are haram, if I remember my theology correctly. And also: The fights would air at times befit for the civilized world. So, what here is not to like?
10 points system is 100% haram, anyone who indulged in this monstrosity can say bye bye to the 72 virgins.

Back