Say if Jon Jones beats Stipe and doesn't retire. Who would you like to see him fight next?

Who would you like to see him fight next?

• Total voters
Pavlovic would be interesting but my concern would be that he gets beat like Gane. Jones is a great grappler and Pav stinks.

In the UFC, I think I would opt for Aspinall, simply because it would be a better test of Jon’s overall game at HW. Pav deserves it more but I would personally rather see Aspinall.

Overall I would take Francis. He is bigger, stronger and a bigger power puncher than Pav and Gane so I would be willing to take my chance that he might get schooled on the ground.

Aspinall.

I've been saying for a while now that Aspinall is the best HW in the world. I understand people wanting to see Jones fight Pavlovich, but everything I've seen/heard suggests that his grappling is nonexistent. Which means Jones would likely just take him down and give him the Gane treatment. But Jones wouldn't be able to do that to Aspinall, who has better footwork on the feet and is a very good grappler.

Agree, and if it turns out that Jones *can* do that to Aspinall, that’s quite an impressive feat.

I think Aspinall is a big fight. I'm high on Pavlovic but Overeem did completely own him and especially on the ground. It could be another Gane situation with him and Jones just makes him look like a fool. Aspinall seems to be the more complete package and easier fight to promote.

Voted Sergei, but if Jailton beats Blaydes in specatular fashion, I'd be swayed by him too.

Pavlovich. Ngannou is never going to happen so it isn't even worth considering in my opinion.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-05-at-11.35.14.png

7e6481980fc5e24f0eb8cc68437deb2d

b7c057ef172f8d5d9594c20e6f726558

collage-maker-01-jun-2023-06-23-pm-8461.jpg
Pav
upload_2023-9-29_7-19-30.png

It can't be Ngannou. And Jones probably goes back to 205 if Ngannou comes back (which he won't) because he is absolutely never taking that fight.

I doubt he takes the Pavlovich fight either, but at least Pav is in the same promotion.
This sounds like another , Jones is afraid of Ngannou posts. Jones would destroy "one trick pony" Francis! <Lmaoo>

I like Pav and Aspinall, Aspinall may be my future fav... but I don't really wanna see Jon whoop either of em

Daniel Cormier out of retirement and fat as hell to get his revenge

I think he will fight Pavlovich after he beats up Stipe. Jones is going nowhere, he just signed a new 8 fight contract this year, he will be around for a while, which is only bad news for the UFC HWs.

I don't know where this retirement talk is coming from lol, I think people are confusing Stipe for Jones, yes Stipe is on the verge or retiring. Don't listen to quick short tweet from ages ago by Jones, he changes his mind every other minute.

The only way the Francis fight happens is if Francis has a miracle and beats Tyson Fury, and even then I don’t see it because Francis would be on to Anthony Joshua next and not some lanky criminal from a fringe sport

Francis. But that isn't going to happen, so Pavlovich

Aspinall is better than Jones everywhere. He would beat pavlovich and Jones.

Francis fight then he can ride off into the sunset. Tom or Pav are just high risk low reward fights.

Jon literally waited 3 years for Ngannou to leave the UFC before he moved up to HW.
I'm not a fan of Francis. I think the smarter choice for his legacy was to stay in the UFC. But saying Francis was ducking Jon is one of the stupidest MMA narratives that a single person could come up with. Jon wanted some stupid shit like $20M to fight Francis lol.

Khabib says Pav is the best grappler at HW with a very legit Sambo resume.

Hells yeah

Jones waited for Francis to eventually turn down the highest pay ever to fight him in a super fight!!!

Jones KNEW all along Francis would turn the fight down and he waited without FORCING Francis to fight without singing a contract to fight him!

He waited all along for Francis to quit MMA instead of getting a huge pay day

Intelligent heads understand!

<TheDonald>

I'd love to see him fight Francis but that's not going to happen. I'd like to see him fight Pav so after he beats him Sherdog won't be able to say Jon is ducking him and fighting a 41 year old Stiopic.

Francis!! Then Jones will finally retire

Back