Schaub: "TUF 10 producers f***ed Kimbo over"

Huh? Was he ever beating Roy Nelson? Screwed him over? Did they owe him something? Weird way to describe that situation. He was getting beat by anyone who could put him on his back. If they ride out the popularity Schaub just says they use him and handpicked his opponents. Imagine they crafted a situation where limbo makes it to the end against another striker. He didn’t belong on TUF. If anything they just should’ve signed him and handpicked his opponents. That’s when they should’ve concocted the dumb bmf belt. They screwed over themselves by putting him in a televised competition he was never going to be good enough to advance in. He screwed over himself by not recognizing that. I miss Kimbo. Pour one out...

TuF production and Dana was doing everything in his power to get Kimbo a win and promote him.

Anyone who takes Dana at his word, has never paid attention to anything he’s done. I get it, as a promoter, he says certain things to promote. But being a fan of this sport and the UFC for as long as I have, it’s clear that Dana doesn’t mind lying and besmirching ppl to benefit his brand.

He would had to fight someone legit a some point during the tournament, why would the producers make it his first fight instead of feeding him some bum he can KO and they can use the highlight to sell the show week to week? makes no sense at all.
I suppose having him lose to Nelson, the most experienced and eventual winner, was easier to spin and push Kimbo than if they gambled and he lost to a low level inexperienced guy.

Yeah that’s a load of bull. The coaches pick the fights and they did what in coach would do; put their strongest against the other teams weakest in the first round. Kimbo was not on anyone’s level really in that tournament. They still promoted the hell out of him and gave him fights after the show

Yeah that’s a load of bull. The coaches pick the fights and they did what in coach would do; put their strongest against the other teams weakest in the first round. Kimbo was not on anyone’s level really in that tournament. They still promoted the hell out of him and gave him fights after the show

I agree with this guy.

We all saw the Dada fiasco. You'd have to rig it for Kimbo. Maybe I'm old, but I had a vague idea at best who Kimbo was.

Schaub is doing his usual Eddy Bravo lite schtick.

Kimbo’s first official UFC fight was this gem.

6OGa.gif

2nd fight he got TKO’d by Mitrione.

Loved Kimbo but he was not UFC level. I mean I guess they could’ve kept him around longer but they prob saved him from further embarrassment.

How did they throw it away? You need to not only win fights to be a star, but do it impressively.
He was already a star. Had they given him an easier path through tuf, he would have been a superstar.

Maybe its just me but I find Schaub SOOOOOOO annoying. Seems like he thinks what he has to say is so important and it's really not...sorry not sorry I guess.
But he actually wasn't bad on this clip.
Not just you, by a mile! Also, I don't normally hate on adults for what they wear (as I don't give a shit personally), but Shcaub's dress-style and entire demeanor are just too. . . vain? Insecure? Hip(ster)? I don't know, but I can't even stand looking at him. It gives me goose-bumps.

Shcaub's dress-style and entire demeanor are just too. . . vain? Insecure? Hip(ster)? I don't know, but I can't even stand looking at him. It gives me goose-bumps.
Funny, I was gonna mention that as well, like he's trying too hard and wants to be the white Cam Newton. Just trying to get out from under Rogan's shadow I guess.

Kimbo’s first official UFC fight was this gem.

6OGa.gif

2nd fight he got TKO’d by Mitrione.

Loved Kimbo but he was not UFC level. I mean I guess they could’ve kept him around longer but they prob saved him from further embarrassment.
One of the weirdest fights in mma history

Haven't watched or paid attention since the episode when they announced they had Covid, and before that I hadn't watched in years. What happened to Callen?

They tried to push Kimbo early on when they got him to join TUF

But they quickly realized that he was already an aged fighter with bad knees, so they didn't try to push him to superstardom.

They gave him some airtime, let him generate some fan interest, let him compete, then let him go because he was a worn out fighter. Bellator picked him up because they have no shame

Would have been different if he had come to UFC 10 or 15 years younger
Kimbo was a decent fighter. Had the UFC matched him up with the right guys, he could have won the show, and move on to be a superstar. Roy Nelson is the Worst kind of opponent for Kimbo.

So...they were supposed to baby him? Imagine how pissed the other 15 fighters would feel to know that Kimbo was being handled and coddled. He was handled well and portrayed as actually pretty gentlemanly. His TUF appearance changed his aura and made him way more likeable than i had imained

I suppose having him lose to Nelson, the most experienced and eventual winner, was easier to spin and push Kimbo than if they gambled and he lost to a low level inexperienced guy.
This! Him losing to Roy was preferred! Imagine if Meathead (an unknown at the time) walloped Kimbo on the show. Hype would have been done done. Hell even that big Wes Shivers guy could've gotten an ugly win based off of size and grinding.

Kimbo fucked himself by having an awful fight, on the main card mind you, against Houston Alexander

Back