Scored 30-26 for Khamzat

You guys not scoring the first round a 10-8 should be commissioned to some special development asylums.

Khamzat was outlanding Usman 61-5 and had more than 4.30 min control time.

I scored it 10-8 but it was clearly an incredibly weak 10-8, possibly weakest ever.

"Maintaining a dominant position". Christ. This is a fucking fight, not a grappling match, or a police restraining course.

If some white guy were fighting like this he'd be getting dumped on, not pushed to the moon eeking out majority decision wins fighting blown up LWs & WWs.
You're talking bout this guy? Claiming he's not white/ caucasian is next level idiotism and projection.
Khamzat2.jpg

29-28 Usman. Round 1, all Khamzat did was hold back mount, Usman was conservative and the way he stayed on all 4s the whole time made it more tiresome for Khamzat to hold on that whole time, even with both hands on the matt the whole time Usman still protected his neck and face from chokes and punches, 10-9 Khamzat. Next 2 rounds Usman outstruck Khamzat winning both 10-9.

What did Usman do to win the third on so many scorecards?

I understand control is not everything. We saw it in the Shara fight. Damage should outweigh lay and pray. It's not the old days where a takedown was worth the entire round. I totally get it.

But it's like we are swinging the pendulum in the entire opposite direction when Usman gets controlled for half the round and we are still giving it to him. Even if he edged the striking, it was never like Khamzat was hurt or damaged or anything at all.

I'm fine with damage outweighing grappling, but point fighting shouldn't outweigh getting controlled for half the round.
Usman won 3 minutes of the 3rd round including the final 30 seconds.

What did Usman do to win the third on so many scorecards?

I understand control is not everything. We saw it in the Shara fight. Damage should outweigh lay and pray. It's not the old days where a takedown was worth the entire round. I totally get it.

But it's like we are swinging the pendulum in the entire opposite direction when Usman gets controlled for half the round and we are still giving it to him. Even if he edged the striking, it was never like Khamzat was hurt or damaged or anything at all.

I'm fine with damage outweighing grappling, but point fighting shouldn't outweigh getting controlled for half the round.
Yes

There's times where control on the ground didn't amount to much, which should be factored into the scoring.

But that doesn't mean wrestling, grappling and control should just be ignored.

There needs to be some nuance added to the discussion.

It was the most significant factor in the fight in every round. Magnified by the fact that he did that to usman. Someone who has never been wrestled or controlled.

People used to hate on lay and pray artists winning rounds for doing nothing.

But this is just another extreme.

You're talking bout this guy? Claiming he's not white/ caucasian is next level idiotism and projection.
Khamzat2.jpg

He's not "white", he's a lighter skinned South Asian. In any case, skin colour is not the reason for racial difference, it's just one outward indicator of a racial difference. The same reason Jews dont class themselves as "white". The irony of you calling my statement idiocy, when you cant even grasp this.

He's not "white", he's a lighter skinned South Asian. In any case, skin colour is not the reason for racial difference, it's just one outward indicator of a racial difference. The same reason Jews dont class themselves as "white". The irony of you calling my statement idiocy, when you cant even grasp this.
Wow, first you're calling a caucasian man light skinned south asian while even the Region he was born in is also called North Caucasian region, you complete moron, then you are claiming races which aren't a thing anymore since the 50s and on top saying jews are a race.

Bravo! Sherdog has a new village clown.

Score it whatever you want.

Khamzat's a 1-round fighter and that's it. The MMA world knows this now and will use it against him.

Proceeds to take Usman down and control him in late R3 lol, people are just buthurt and delusional.

Wow, first you're calling a caucasian man light skinned south asian while even the Region he was born in is also called North Caucasian region, you complete moron, then you are claiming races which aren't a thing anymore since the 50s and on top saying jews are a race.

Bravo! Sherdog has a new village clown.

Holy shit, learn to fucking read. I said Jews weren't classed as the *white* race, even when they have white skin. Why do u retard Boomers have to be spoonfed everything.

29-28 Usman. Round 1, all Khamzat did was hold back mount, Usman was conservative and the way he stayed on all 4s the whole time made it more tiresome for Khamzat to hold on that whole time, even with both hands on the matt the whole time Usman still protected his neck and face from chokes and punches, 10-9 Khamzat. Next 2 rounds Usman outstruck Khamzat winning both 10-9.

Khamzat took Usman down after like 5 seconds in R1 shooting from far without a setup because he knew he could, his wrestling is light years ahead of Usmans. He had back control for the whole round threatening subs the whole time and throwing a bit of GnP in between as well. That is about as dominant as you can get in that position if you prioritize keeping the position (which he should, Usman should be the one taking a risk to get back up and score some points in the stand up, but he knew he would get finished and thus just tried to survive for 5 full minutes kinda like Yan vs Sterling although this was even worse because Usman was up all 4s like you said, better chance to escape). It is not really debatable whether it's a 10-9 or 10-8 when the judges ruled it 10-8 and so did +90% of the media scores.

The striking exchanges caused honestly 0 real damage to either fighter in the entire fight (disagreeing to this means end of discussion for me) but okay let's say Usman did get the better of Khamzat in the striking exchanges in R2 and R3, Khamzat landed a takedown with like a minute left in R2 and the bell rang with Usman flat on his back, probably the closest round but Khamzat edged it. Last round Khamzat took Usman down and controlled him for over half the round lol. Eventually Usman did manage to get up which is respectable honestly, but then again in the stand up neither landed something significant and Khamzat even went for the good old brawl it out ending in the last 10 seconds gifting Usman one last opportunity and he still couldn't capitalize.

I respect Usman for his resilience and defensive awareness (certainly R1), but getting kinda grapple fucked for like 70% of the fight and marginally outstriking Khamzat in like 30% of the fight (with no significant damage to either side) does not warrant a win even with the most impressive mental gymnastics efforts.

Last edited:
Khamzat took Usman down after like 5 seconds in R1 shooting from far without a setup because he knew he could, his wrestling is light years ahead of Usmans. He had back control for the whole round threatening subs the whole time and throwing a bit of GnP in between as well. That is about as dominant as you can get in that position if you prioritize keeping the position (which he should, Usman should be the one taking a risk to get back up and score some points in the stand up, but he knew he would get finished and thus just tried to survive for 5 full minutes kinda like Yan vs Sterling although this was even worse because Usman was up all 4s like you said, better chance to escape). It is not really debatable whether it's a 10-9 or 10-8 when the judges ruled it 10-8 and so did +90% of the media scores.

The striking exchanges caused honestly 0 real damage to either fighter in the entire fight (disagreeing to this means end of discussion for me) but okay let's say Usman did get the better of Khamzat in the striking exchanges in R2 and R3, Khamzat landed a takedown with like a minute left in R2 and the bell rang with Usman flat on his back, probably the closest round but Khamzat edged it. Last round Khamzat took Usman down and controlled him for over half the round lol. Eventually Usman did manage to get up which is respectable honestly, but then again in the stand up neither landed something significant and Khamzat even went for the good old brawl it out ending in the last 10 seconds gifting Usman one last opportunity and he still couldn't capitalize.

I respect Usman for his resilience and defensive awareness (certainly R1), but getting kinda grapple fucked for like 70% of the fight and marginally outstriking Khamzat in like 30% of the fight (with no significant damage to either side) does not warrant a win even in with the most impressive mental gymnastics efforts.
Yep and I wonder why most people don t see it. Must be some emotional reaction. The striking in that whole fight amounted to shadow boxing. No damage. On the other hand Usman was taken down every round. To me this is pretty clear.

I respect Usman for his resilience and defensive awareness (certainly R1), but getting kinda grapple fucked for like 70% of the fight and marginally outstriking Khamzat in like 30% of the fight (with no significant damage to either side) does not warrant a win even in with the most impressive mental gymnastics efforts.
Usman won 3 minutes of the 3rd round, Khamzat did not control him for over half the round.

I thought round 1 was 10-9, not surprising some see it 10-8. I saw round 2 10-9 Usman, but 10-10 is acceptable. Round 3 I saw 10-9 Usman, with 10-10 being less acceptable than round 2, but best possible score for Khamzat that round as well.

Yep and I wonder why most people don t see it. Must be some emotional reaction. The striking in that whole fight amounted to shadow boxing. No damage. On the other hand Usman was taken down every round. To me this is pretty clear.

I scored the first Islam Volk fight either 3-2 or 4-1 for Islam if i recall correctly. Lots of people didn't agree then either lol. I don't really like this philosophy of negating most GnP damage+not getting subbed while getting generally wrestlefucked throughout the fight is enough to win if you marginally outstrike your opponent (even if neither lands anything significant and most of the fight wasn't in the stand up anyway). If that shit got rewarded then there is 0 incentive for a fighter to get back up/escape a bad position (even though MMA is supposed to be a simulation of mortal combat, irl there is no clock that resets you back to the feet lol, plus back control in mortal combat means eye pokes, small joint manipulation, elbows to the back of the head etc). It would kind of destroy the core essence of MMA, which is that it should be as close to a simulation of mortal combat as possible, including the scoring of dominant positions (if it is clear the fighter has strong control and the opponent shows no ability to escape this position without waiting for the bell to ring).

You saw this with Mokaev too lol, constantly taking advantage of the specific rules that allows/disallows knees to the head.

Last edited:
Usman won 3 minutes of the 3rd round, Khamzat did not control him for over half the round.

I thought round 1 was 10-9, not surprising some see it 10-8. I saw round 2 10-9 Usman, but 10-10 is acceptable. Round 3 I saw 10-9 Usman, with 10-10 being less acceptable than round 2, but best possible score for Khamzat that round as well.
I really wouldn’t score R3 for Usman. But I can understand it. That whole fight was R1. The rest can be a draw for all I care. Fuck all happened after R1.

Khamzat clear 10-8 - 1st round
Usman 10-9 barely - 2nd round
Khamzat 10-9 barely - 3rd round

29-27

I really wouldn’t score R3 for Usman. But I can understand it. That whole fight was R1. The rest can be a draw for all I care. Fuck all happened after R1.
More happened in round 3 than round one. Khamzat hugged Usman's back, big deal.

Alex had a submission attempt though against Jan in round 1 and wasn't in as bad of positions and didn't take as many strikes either, basically it was a much closer round.
I hespect your opinion but disagree with it. The submission attempt wasn't close and in my mind was as potentially fight ending as Usman spiking Khamzat on his head from standing back mount. I think valid arguments could be made for either guy winning or even a draw, however I am completely fine with the way the decision went.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back