Sean O'malley is one of the most talented fighters i have ever seen why do people hate him?

He reminds me of Holloway in a lot of ways. Insanely talented striker, but a bit of a try - hard personality - wise.
So.... I don't root for or against him...

Kris was a human punching bag for most of the fight. Who is a natural flyweight. O'Malley is good but not as good as he or his fans think he is. If he is really levels ahead of the competition like he thinks he is, that fight would've been over in the 1st round. His fight with Chito shows how his fights will go vs a live ranked fighter. Kris wasn't a power puncher and had O'Malley running, just imagine what actual power punchers would be able to do in those exact situations and exchanges. The more durable and better strikers in the division will expose him that's why they chose a natural flyweight fighter not in the UFC as their fight instead of a UFC fighter or a ranked UFC fighter. That shows you their confidence level in his abilities vs actual high level fighters. He's in MVP mode right now, that's what's needed to make him look good because once he steps up in competition it will be a Chito result all over again.
Kris is not a natural FLW

Cocky shit personality

Dillusional attitude after a loss

Gay hair

Corny stoner persona

Self admitted cuck

Pre pubescent facial hair

He's on twitch

Need I go on?
Add 'can crusher' and this is 'drop mic'

Cause his personality is like a freshman in highschool who has a cousin who'll hook him up with weed
Which, by the way, is not a good reason to hate someone. But yes, this is the answer

Seems like a generic "weight bully" to me.

He'll be good for as long as he can fight people 4 inches shorter than he is.

It’ll be interesting to see how he holds up in a fight against someone who can crack him back. The first one didn’t go so well.

I enjoy watching him fight. I worry that he won’t have much of a career due to being made of glass. I generally ignore fighters interviews and avoid knowing much about their personalities. It makes them easier to appreciate if their fighting is all I know about them.

Diplomatic way to say his persona is annoying.
That being said, he is interesting to watch

I mean, pretty much this. If he was running through top ten fighters, he'd be universally loved, but he's beating cans and has-beens while talking MacGregor-level shit. He was given the boost against chito, and got murdered.
To be fair, no one can be universally loved here, while being a top fighter. If he was running through top 10s, he'd be like any other popular fighter. Half would proclaim he's the best in the division, and half would claim that he hasn't fought anyone yet and will be exposed the moment he does.

He's not really my thing personality wise. He is clearly super talented. I have no real opinion of him yet.

He fights cans. He should go fight on the prelims off other promotions if he wants to keep doing that

Put every single cringy thing he he's doing aside.

The biggest reason he is getting hate is because he couldn't take the loss vs Chito like a MAN... that shit turned people against him(me included) sore losers are the worst imo.

He will only get respect if he racks up wins vs ranked opponents(not stat padding cans)

I haven't seen any hate; just a lot of fair criticisms and 'I told you so's

No that good.
One dimensional.
Fights cans.
Got his ass whipped by the first ranked fighter he fought.
Hasnt fought a ranked fighter since.

He strikes like he is a life long striker, just a breathe fresh air to watch him fight. He isnt just swinging like a wild cavemen like most MMA fighters. He is one of the fighters that actually keeps me interested in the sport of MMA. I think he is one of the most talented fighters in the UFC. He just gives me prime Jon Jones vibes. Why dont people like him?

BlushingMessyLadybird-size_restricted.gif
UnacceptablePerfumedHamster-size_restricted.gif

Dana White has found a gem and he will be a future champion

It became the cool thing to do to hate on the popsicle so every little pig with an internet account does it.

Also, he was hyped way beyond what was justified by UFC & Shills, and these things never go well when the hype train gets derailed.

Personally I think he is great and I actually find him OK on the mic and in interviews. But I do fear that he is too weak for top10 guys and will be exposedy over and over.

Back