• O'Malley, but I'd prefer Merab

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Merab, but I'd prefer O'Malley

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters
Omali is a troll.

I think he catches Merab before Merab gets a hold on him.

I think metab is going to struggle a lot to get in on sean, but if he does get in, he might stick to him for the rest if the round in the clinch and with mat returns.

I'm very slightly leaning towards o'malley
I find it funny how you are always against georgian fighter but they prove you wrong again and again 🤣🤣

That's some disgusting shit if he's really planning on sitting on the title for 10+ months without a legit injury. I usually dislike interim belts , but if O'Malley really tries to pull that shit then I would be okay with a interim belt being made.

But I was told that the guy who’s beaten 3/5 of the top 5 wouldn’t fight Merab though.

Are you telling me Sherdog lied?

I salute his courage. I think he loses to some of the fighters "Marab" has beaten. Hopefully he uses 2024 wisely.

I'm actually married to a Georgian chick so I'm moderately familiar with their spelling. When adjusted to English there isn't any special use of upper or lower case letters that I'm aware of.

She actually met Merab at a Georgian concert in Southern California a couple months ago. She asked me if he's any good. Lol
Your wife fucked him.

Sorry dude.

2025? Come on Sean, don't be like that.

Suga sparks him in round 2. Maybe a big knee up the middle to GnP finish.

I think people will be surprised how easily Sean wins this fight. I don't expect Merab to give him too much problems.

It's fucking March and he wants to wait til 2025, what the fuck.

Modern MMA has become beyond a joke.

I think the UFC didn't even put the camera on Merab when showing reactions to the fight. Are you sure the whole production team was preparing for it?

And technically he called out both Topuria and Merab out, but more as a second option which he now has chosen to go with. Can't make that decision if you don't know yet if the first option is gonna happen or not.

Also, I just watched the call out again and seems like the crowd did have a pretty decent reaction to the Topuria call out.

I think what you saw as him noticing a poor reaction was just him changing his mind on calling Merab out in that moment, but still does it at the end of the interview.
According to DC (on his podcast) the production team was fully prepared to bring Merab in the cage but since Sean made it weird by calling out Topuria it was impossible though.

As far as O'malley and his thoughts as the interview went down, it's speculation. You could be totally right.

Point im trying to make is, there shouldn't have been room for a second thought. Just go after Merab since it's the obvious matchup. Im a huge Suga fan and has been forever. He def gas trouble reading the room though. Luckily his fighting style is awesome

The 2025 call out is weak sauce. I think he can beat Merab, but maybe he wants more time to heal and train wrestling.
Edit: Oh he's just trolling Merab. Same with the misspelling of his name.

Classic crotch sniffer vs tweeterstriker matchup.

Merab is a complete hype train detailer and a really high risk high reward opponent. I've never been completely sold with Sean and I think he lost legit to Vera in their first fight but if he really wants Merab and sets this up, then he's a true champ imo. Major respect calling out Merab

2025 seriously? So, he's basically planning on sitting out at least 9 months? That's ridiculous. Getting sick of these inactive champions. We need more like Izzy and Volk and less like Islam and O'Malley.

Back