Sean Strickland is the Same as Michael Bisping 10 Years Ago?

Strickland is a bargain bin Bisping. imho
Nah, Bisping was become highly overrated. Couldn't even beat a completely washed Wand. He was a Poor Man's Rich Franklin. But Strickland is a decent comparison.

Reactions: d2s
Nah, Bisping was become highly overrated. Couldn't even beat a completely washed Wand. He was a Poor Man's Rich Franklin. But Strickland is a decent comparison.
Bisping did this to Cung

unlee battered by bisping.jpg
a roided cung to boot

Cung did this to Franklin

cung ko rich.jpg

<{cum@me}>
you don't want this smoke pal.

Bisping was much better than Rich Franklin.

Bisping, despite his pillow fists was far more entertaining to watch. It's a chore to watch Strickland sometimes. Twitter wasn't around in Bisping's day and he thrived in those live press conferences. One of the sharpest wits we've seen in MMA. Not really that similar, Strickland just plays a lunatic on Twitter. Bisping wasn't really pretending to be anyone besides himself.

Just to 40-year old versions of Hendo and Wand.

Bisping is Cerrone, imho, but was able to grab the title.

Consistent top 5-10 middleweight with no punching power, always in shape, beats anyone outside the top 7, makes more of a career off of talking trash than actual in cage performances. Will he go on to win a UFC title late in his career? Bisping had the exact same UFC record (13-5) 10 years ago as Strickland does now.

Any version of Bisping beats the shit out of Strickland lol... Strickland is not a good fighter ...he gets by on volume and his ability to make fights incredibly awkward...in which he just ends up landing just enough to win a decision..lol

Bisping had legit skills and was very well rounded as a Brit ..when Britain basically had only strikers...

Bisping would handle Strickland with ease and their careers will never be similar...Strickland is not UFC champion level fighter IMO unless something changes and fast

beats anyone outside the top 7,
No, lmao.

Strickland has an inflating ranking because the UFC likes him. He has like one ranked one in ~20 UFC fights and that was Hermansson. Bisping was consistently getting fed cans and then getting killed in a title eliminator fight, but he fought A LOT of top guys in the division. Sean has fought like 2 in Cannonier and Alex.

Both guys are arround the same level.

I don't see many fights one guy has won that the other would lose for sure if he had the same opponent.
The reverse is also true. I don't see many fights one has won that the other would lose to if he fought the same guy.

If they fought in their prime it would end with a split decision either way.

Bisping was bigger. He fought at 205 before going to MW. Strickland moved up from 170.

I don't really remember a boring Bisping fight, even in his lost against Matt hamill in the TUF finale where he robbed him blind.

I forgot many of Sean's fight until I woke up in time for the decision.

Some similarities, sure. Both pretty much volume strikers. Bisping liked to stay on his bike and move around more. He also had much better kicks and knees.

We’ll see how far Strickland will go. He has a unique fighting style and I hear his ground game is surprisingly good.

He should have rematched Pereira when he was champ. The stars would have to align. I think Bisping was ranked #8 for Rockhold 2 but everyone else was injured.

Pereira may be levels above (also levels above Rockhold in the striking department) but he's hittable. One lucky punch from Sean and we have a new Bisping.

Bisping was much better than Rich Franklin.
Nope, Rich was objectively a better fighter. He beat the same Wand twice who beat Bisping. He also went to a close SD with prime Hendo and forced him to go back to his D1 days. The same Hendo sent Bisping to another dimension in the opening minutes of the fight. Those were all fights roughly in the same era. Both also got KO's by TRT Belfort. And please don't bring up a 40-year old, gimp leg Anderson whom Bisping barely beat. Rich fought the absolutely best version of Anderson who would've pulverized Bisping.

Back