Sean Strickland offers to spar Jake Paul free of charge. Jake obviously declines.

Are you sick of seeing Jake Paul's name on Sherdog's forum front page yet?

• Total voters

AmonTobin

Red Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Anybody who actually thought Jake was serious is obviously a bot who doesn’t belong in MMA.

You guys watch this guy box up a couple of undersized out of shape 40 year old retirees taking dives and thought he really had something for Strickland.

Jake is not a fighter, he’s a influencer using exhibition boxing matches for notoriety.

Yawn, we didnt need another thread for the same thing, Strickland never really offered to do it for free, fly to the gym and sparr, he said some nonsense about states and cops and charges, Strickland level weird stuff.

Jake Paul would obviously beat Stirckland if they sparred in boxing, while Strickland would obviously beat Jake Paul if they sparred in MMA.

Anybody who actually thought Jake was serious is obviously a bot who doesn’t belong in MMA.

You guys watch this guy box up a couple of undersized out of shape 40 year old retirees taking dives and thought he really had something for Strickland.

Jake is not a fighter, he’s a influencer using exhibition boxing matches for notoriety.
I don’t particularly like Jake Paul and absolutely wouldn’t pay for his “fights,” but the man hits hard and has a descent chin.
He’s not a world beater, but he definitely has some skill. If you don’t think so, it’s because you’re either biased or you don’t understand what you’re watching; maybe both.

what i dont understand is why sean was saying he called hunter campbell to ask permission

I don’t particularly like Jake Paul and absolutely wouldn’t pay for his “fights,” but the man hits hard and has a descent chin.
He’s not a world beater, but he definitely has some skill. If you don’t think so, it’s because you’re either biased or you don’t understand what you’re watching; maybe both.

I guarantee I watch more boxing than you lol, I’m not some MMA casual who occasionally takes a gander at high profile boxing fights… I’m an avid boxing fan who became a fan of MMA.

There is not much complexity to Jake’s game, he’s a mediocre hobby boxer with a decent punching power who’s in his physical prime (arguably juiced out his mind) boxing guys who are NOT boxers. The only entry level boxer he fought gave him a fat L. Casual fans gravitate torwards the HL reel KO’s but never put any context on it. He’s fighting very undersized decrepit and out of shape guys who don’t belong to in the boxing ring.

If you think Jake Paul has anything for a big skilled guy in his physical prime like Sean Strickland, you need to get your head checked. Lock this guy in with Strickland in a room and I guarantee you Strickland makes him his wife 100/100 times. It’s not close my boy.

Jake is not a fighter, he’s an influencer using exhibition boxing matches for notoriety.
I think he actually takes this boxing thing serious. It’s just that he started way too late and already has way too much f you money to really ever be considered good. He’s a tool overall, but I respect his willingness to let others punch him in the face for a paycheck.

I think he actually takes this boxing thing serious. It’s just that he started way too late and already has way too much f you money to really ever be considered good. He’s a tool overall but I respect his willingness to let others punch him in the face for a paycheck.

I get you, I’m not hating on the grind. It’s a good way to make money… I do however mind the unnecessary chirping at guys he would never step in the ring with solely to clout chase, it’s not honorable it’s flat out cowardice.

Dude rolls around with security, and he’s meatriding an accomplished MMA champion again for no other reason than publicity . That’s my beef. I appreciate the fact that he’s getting retirees paid, but he has no business with active guys currently under contract.

what i dont understand is why sean was saying he called hunter campbell to ask permission
Because he's under contract with the UFC and Jake offered him money to fight... which is against the stipulations in his contract. What's so hard to understand?

Just because they try and call it "sparring" you know very well that they will be trying to take each others heads off and Jake is doing it for attention and money on his youtube channel.

Because he is getting paid to spar Jake Paul.It's effectively a televised exhibition that Paul is trying to promote. It's the same as needing permission to grapple for UFC fighters.

The sneako sparring, was literally just him jumping in the cage during sparring rounds. If Paul wanted to do that, Sean would have no issue. There is footage of Costa KOing the older brother from back in the day on th interwebs.

Because he's under contract with the UFC and Jake offered him money to fight... which is against the stipulations in his contract. What's so hard to understand?

Just because they try and call it "sparring" you know very well that they will be trying to take each others heads off and Jake is doing it for attention and money on his youtube channel.
Jake Paul offered money to do sparring, do you think this is the first time an MMA guy has been paid by a boxer to do sparring?

Because he is getting paid to spar Jake Paul.It's effectively a televised exhibition that Paul is trying to promote. It's the same as needing permission to grapple for UFC fighters.

The sneako sparring, was literally just him jumping in the cage during sparring rounds. If Paul wanted to do that, Sean would have no issue. There is footage of Costa KOing the older brother from back in the day on th interwebs.

I certainly doubt Jake Paul could walk into a sparring session with Strickland just like that, Strickland would avoid it like the plague if Paul gets near him, im not saying he would lose to Jake Paul, but he wont entertain it for free, 10000000% sure.

Last edited:
I guarantee I watch more boxing than you lol, I’m not some MMA casual who occasionally takes a gander at high profile boxing fights… I’m an avid boxing fan who became a fan of MMA.

There is not much complexity to Jake’s game, he’s a mediocre hobby boxer with a decent punching power who’s in his physical prime (arguably juiced out his mind) boxing guys who are NOT boxers. The only entry level boxer he fought gave him a fat L. Casual fans gravitate torwards the HL reel KO’s but never put any context on it. He’s fighting very undersized decrepit and out of shape guys who don’t belong to in the boxing ring.

If you think Jake Paul has anything for a big skilled guy in his physical prime like Sean Strickland, you need to get your head checked. Lock this guy in with Strickland in a room and I guarantee you Strickland makes him his wife 100/100 times. It’s not close my boy.
Jake is the guy that good boxers use to learn how to deal with a good power punch and forward pressure.

Strickland is an absolute nightmare for him even just pure boxing. This isn't another "185er" who primarily wrestles.

Jake Paul offered money to do sparring, do you think this is the first time an MMA guy has been paid by a boxer to do sparring?

I certainly doubt Jake Paul could walk into a sparring session with Strickland just like that, Strickland would avoid it like the plague if Paul gets near him, im not saying he would lose to Jake Paul, but he wont entertain it for free, 10000000% sure.
I disagree, I am a huge credit of strickland, but he will fight anyone and isn;t worried about Jake at all. As I said there is footage of Costa KOing the older Paul brother. The positive is STrickland is no longer the champ, so we might actually see it.

I propose a ban on all Paul related threads unless filed in the Mayberry Lounge. I'm on my knees begging. Or is there a filter I don't know about?

yet, you made this in the heavies?

lololol

giphy.gif

100% real boxer makes excuses why he can't even practice a few rounds without the "proper paperwork" including an exhaustive list of stipulations.

Source:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...o-spar-and-strickland-turned-it-down.4324051/

I propose a ban on all Paul related threads unless filed in the Mayberry Lounge. I'm on my knees begging. Or is there a filter I don't know about?
View attachment 1032351

Are you drunk right now? Why did you make a thread and use as a source another thread that says the opposite? And then you propose a ban on the thread you just made. This is the most pointless thread of the day.

Are you drunk right now? Why did you make a thread and use as a source another thread that says the opposite? And then you propose a ban on the thread you just made. This is the most pointless thread of the day.
Tell us how you really feel. Go on and vote in the poll.

Back