Sergei Kharitonov signs with Bellator

Some peeps are just haters. They complain Bellator has a weak HW division. Then Bellator signs a great HW and they complain that Bellator signed a great HW to a weak division. How is Bellator suppose to build a good HW division without signing good HWs?

Gives someone for Fedor to fight...

Sponsorship money, yo...depends now on how much they wanna pay Overeem. He's a family man now and most likely wants to see guaranteed income as opposed to wishing and hoping that the UFC treats him like Conor.

I'd love to see him move to Bellator and say "sponsorship is why yo."
This...Dana has been the goat of honeydicking fighters led them to believe...a 100 dollar bill is no more than a hundred pennies....
o7YLI.jpg

Bellator is doing things right...show the fighter the numbers and it's up to him to sign or not..

Nice. V Reem and/or Fedor would be great.

Sergei v the winner of Kimbo v Dada would be more fun than I could handle lol

Maybe repeated fights vs Kimbo and Dada as each one wakes up?

Hopefully a sign Coker is making a serious push at HW again as it is a division where some decent talent is potentially gettable with Overeem, Fedor and Minkov as well, maybe some glory guys as well like Verhoeven?

Last edited:
this the guy who got knocked out by that indian can that fedor destroyed?

just kidding, love this signing..would love a minakov..maybe even a rampage fight if he ever fights again and get the situation resolved

Coker likes them heavies. He knows what people wants to see.

Im surprised he let Volkov and Ivanov go... both guys are solid fighters and would serve perfect to fill spots if they want to make a SF HW GP revival.

Wow! Talk about old-school Pride warrior! This is a GREAT get for Bellator!

Too bad Sergei didn't agree that.....

6c8a5402014fe0bee46c9b070bea6c38.jpg

Reebok Deal Is BEST Deal!

I wouldn't say huge. IMO he's on Roy nelsons level.
I disagree completely. id say he fairs well against every top 10 HW except the new version of Werdum, who will have a easier time getting a fight to the ground, due to his striking improvements.

That said, the wild card is the fight shape he would come in. He's put on weight over the years, but its given him much heavy hands than his early years.

Fucking happy even if I was hoping to see him in the UFC.

Expect more top level fighters to sign with Bellator in 2016 (Overeem etc.)

I love free agency in MMA because it gives us fresh match ups instead of instant rematches with all filler on the undercards

So fucking awesome hopefully they get him in the cage soon.

Coker likes them heavies. He knows what people wants to see.

Im surprised he let Volkov and Ivanov go... both guys are solid fighters and would serve perfect to fill spots if they want to make a SF HW GP revival.
volkov vs sergei would have been an awesome first match

great signing, i hope more noteworthy heavyweights make the jump to Bellator

Back