Rewatch Sergei Pavlovich "finish" was also early imo / bad reffing again #UFC295

Leviticus

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
The Aspinall vs Pavlovich fight was also stopped early.

He was wobbled by a sneaky shot from Aspinall to his temple and slipped (like in the Shogun fight) then he got hit with 1 maybe 2 hammer fists - was concious the whole time and could have easily swept Aspinall from that position.

He just needed to get half guard or shrimp out from the knee on belly.

Doesnt seem like rocket science really, i hate how the co main and main event were called early and we will never know the true outcome. Seems like UFC295 was a complete disaster.

He was wobbled by a sneaky shot from Aspinall to his temple and slipped (like in the Shogun fight) then he got hit with 1 maybe 2 hammer fists - was concious the whole time and could have easily swept Aspinall from that position.

Doesnt seem like rocket science really, i hate how the co main and main event were called early and we will never know the true outcome. Seems like UFC295 was a complete disaster.
What technique is a "shrimp out from the knee on belly?" In all honesty.

Tbh after Sergei slipped and Tom landed the single hammer fist (Todd Duffee esqe) the fight should have been STOPPED - but only that Tom should have been awarded the round.

Then Sergei should have been given 5 mins to recover before round 2 would start.

Otherwise the "fight" is way too short and we never got to see Sergei or Toms full potential - will be a shame to see Tom on the sidelines now for another year waiting for Jones to quit faking injurys.

Back