sergey kharitonov vs cardoso on sept 23

IlliterateAdorableCanvasback-max-1mb.gif

Always liked Sergey thought he would have been good addition to the UFC back in the day very good boxing ok leg kicks that he didn't use much and a decent ground game with pretty good tdd. I wanted to see him in K-1 also in those one off fights they would do with MMA vs Kickboxer.

love the man. one of the few guys to in mma and kickboxing to effectively use the shoulder roll in his fights.

i hope he get another ko win this weekend

Always liked Sergey thought he would have been good addition to the UFC back in the day very good boxing ok leg kicks that he didn't use much and a decent ground game with pretty good tdd. I wanted to see him in K-1 also in those one off fights they would do with MMA vs Kickboxer.

Didn't he do 3 K1 fights. Got kod by the tall Indian Singh Deep. Got his knee ripped of by Ghita. Weird that Ghita went for his knees, isn't that an unwritten rule that you don't do that. And he beat a old JLB

I remember those 3 fights in k1

Will Sergei never stop fighting. Guy is pushing 45

Sergei looked old, sloppy and fat. I guess it's fine so long as he sticks to fighting cans though.

It'd be kind of fun if they did a rematch with Ayala next, though Javy probably beats him again if his speed is still there.

Honestly, I thought the stoppage was a tad early, but hey it's not a title fight in one of the biggest orgs in the world, so it doesn't really matter...

Tiago "Tiagào" Cardoso had fought several big names, losing to some of them (Augusto Sakai, Renan "Problema" Fereira, or UFC veteran Junior Albini) but he's also beaten some decent competition here and there.

Damn right. I really wish that Sergei, after demolishing Ninja Rua, Semmy Schilt, (then losing a decision to prime Rodrigo Nogueira), taking the 0 from my man Mu Bae Choi (I just love this dude ^^) Pedro Rizzo & then Fabricio Werdum...

... I really wish he could have moved on to the UFC, especially since his teammate Fedor has the HW belt.

He's still had a long an successful career afterward, but at the time he was one of those guys who seemed to be a lock for HW Champ.
Like Roy McDonald looked like a lock to get his sensei's belt back
Or how Rousimar Palhares also seemed like a lock...
Or to take another Russian "Baby Fedor", aka Kyrill Sidelnikov the Sambo champion, he seemes destined for greatness
Sal

Ah well, we shall see.

Sergei looked old, sloppy and fat. I guess it's fine so long as he sticks to fighting cans though.

It'd be kind of fun if they did a rematch with Ayala next, though Javy probably beats him again if his speed is still there.
He does his training camps in an all you can eat restaurant.

But he has looked that way for a long time. He still has great timing and punching power. Dude was always talented.

Ayala is gone from MMA it seems. Deleted all social media or hasn't posted on it since 2020

wtf????? sergei vs cardoso has 2 diferent finishes? what happaned here???
minute 11:50

and minute 3:08:00

Back