Shadow Boxing with Big Boxing Gloves on

Biggiebrother**

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you do this :)

The main benefits i have found are

a) it has helped my get that last second turn of the wrist right, with the big glove you can see easily whether you turn your fist at the end correctly or not.

b) Helps your Hand speed like nothing else ! nothing like doing some shadown boxing without the gloves just after you have been using the gloves, you feel faster than Sugar Ray !

ill have to mention that in class

I do this, and for my age (54) I have very, very good speed and pop. I can beat even a lot of quick guys to the punch, and I can still really hit. (Unfortunately, I don't have the reaction time I had even a few years ago--and oddly, it's like I see the punches coming and my brain does not care, so I'm there to be hit far too often. Age is a bitch).
The downside with oversized gloves I used 20 oz. and I weight 178 or so is that I've found is that it's a bit like shadowboxing with weights in that it's hard on your elbows. For the first time ever I have elbow issues, which were actually prompted by missing a guy with my right in sparring, but I'm afraid it's turned into freaking chronic tennis elbow. Well, I know it has, so now I'm forced to take a break. Probably in the future I will do rounds with no gloves at all and only after mega warmed up will I put the oversized gloves on. And anyway, after I get my elbow issue out of the way, I've been told I need to wait a month to get back to it and be careful for another month with snapping punches.
Like I said--age is a bitch.
K

its so weird tbh shadow boxing with gloves if im throwing hard then yeah i shadow box with mma gloves some but not boxing

Ha--sorry--didn't notice this is a 14-year-old thread!
K

Back