Social Shane Gillis to host SNL this weekend.

I can only assume he was intentionally bad here (some kind of FU for the job stuff). I had dudes at work telling me this Shane Gillis guy was best comic around.

I must be missing something.

He seemed nervous af during that monologue. I never got the Gillis popularity lately. He’s always been kind of mediocre. Normand is much funnier imo.

I can only assume he was intentionally bad here (some kind of FU for the job stuff). I had dudes at work telling me this Shane Gillis guy was best comic around.

It's definitely a stretch to call him the best comic around. He's funny, but overall is middle of the road/above average in terms of stand up. His Trump impersonation is definitely the very best out there, though, and I think that's where he's picked up a lot of new found fame.

It's definitely a stretch to call him the best comic around. He's funny, but overall is middle of the road/above average in terms of stand up. His Trump impersonation is definitely the very best out there, though, and I think that's where he's picked up a lot of new found fame.
I'll check out the impersonation stuff. Some of my favourite types of comedy are great impersonators.

@HereticBD

Just checked out his best Trump stuff and it's immaculate for sure. Not sure if he has the depth for full standup though?

Obviously you don’t get Shane, that’s cool. His awkwardness is his personality.

Who is your favorite comic?
I'm getting old (which may have something to do with this generational disconnect!), but favourites have always been Pryor, Murphy, Hicks, Carlin, Cosby, MacDonald, Williams. Maniscalco is some top notch funny as well.

None of his jokes are TV friendly. You do realize this is network tv right?

I'm getting old (which may have something to do with this generational disconnect!), but favourites have always been Pryor, Murphy, Hicks, Carlin, Cosby, MacDonald, Williams. Maniscalco is some top notch funny as well.
I’m 44

Sebastian is not funny. So you only like comedy that can not be told on network tv? I get it. Shane’s comedy can’t either. He did great with the limitations

Obviously you don’t get Shane, that’s cool. His awkwardness is his personality.

Are you trying to date this dude?

3878b576-64aa-4f3d-be35-2ecbafc69ec5_text.gif

His last special was great. The George Washington bit was hilarious. I don't remember any part of it falling flat.

I didn't know him when that whole controversy sprung up but he's legit talented and not just propped up for being passed on at this point. If you look online, the barrier to entry for comedy is nothing at this point. Some of the better sketch comics are on YouTube and TikTok and the better comedians are doing specials. SNL use to be where top talent went but I think now it's more of a place for prospects. Some come out of it with name recognition and a career and others are duds. Its just too easy to make your own content now to expect that show to hoard the top talent anymore.

Yea, he has a sherdog account.

Love how liberals use gay as a got ya. Thought you all loved gay people and celebrated them at least once a month

Lmfao at "liberals." Is this guy a hardcore republican or something? Is that why you're in love with him? I literally don't know anything about him.

I don't think it's possible for you to be any more insecure. People didn't find this can to be funny. It's not a big deal. You'll get over it.

Shane is a funny guy, but extremely overrated. Louis CK and Chappelle aren’t “network friendly” comedians as well, but their SNL monologues were hilarious. Shane being touted as one of the best stand ups today’s is more of a statement on how bad comedy has gotten.

He did the down syndrome bit for his monologue and it bombed. Stunned he went there for the audience but funny he tried.

Back