Sherbrahs over the age of 35...

qq405heyad071.jpg

Birthday parties at McDonalds were complete ragers.

Are you thinking about the lining up in the alley behind Sam the Record Man on Yonge st. for the Bass ticket outlet? I did that for a couple of concerts when I was a kid growing up.

At some point shortly thereafter I figured out that Toronto scalpers were paying Bass (then ticketmaster) employees to print off tickets and buy them before they were available to the public. I went to some amazing concerts with great seats for little more than face value.

Don't know if that is possible anymore but it was at one time.

That was way before I go to Toronto. You had to go to sunrise records to get concert tickets in my era.

When you walked into class and saw the projector sitting there you knew it was movie time and just prayed it wasn’t some educational nonsense.

showpic.cgi

Also, the class pencil sharpener. Where you met to pass notes.

pencil-sharpener1-630x571.jpg

Bro, casually walking up in the middle of class to use the pencil sharpener just to show off your new shoes

Gasoline always was under a dollar a gallon.
Buying beer and liquor at age 18.
Bars having "3 for a dollar" domestic beer sold on Wednesday nights.
25 cent pool tables, Foosball tables, and pinball machines at bars.
Rock concert tickets, for great bands, sold for around 12 dollars.
Opening acts were incredible, 2 or 3 groups was common.
Phones calls were not traceable, prank calls WERE a major pain.
No Phone GPS tracking from suspicious parents, couldn't text, take pics or videos.

I was into skateboarding and we'd be so eager for new skate videos. Now kids see shit all day long.
I had a cheap first skateboard in the mid 80's and remember the first time i saw someone ollie watching MTV. Blew my mind. I had been toying around on that thing for over a year before i knew that trick existed. Ran outside and told my friends, "i just saw a guy bunnyhop a skateboard onto a bench!" Got a real board right after that and immediately learned to ollie and have been skating since. Videos and magazines. I detest television ads, but ads in skateboard mags were usually the best content. I could go on and on. Such a magical time.

If you had a second tv it was tiny and had a black and white picture. But you were grateful to finally have another tv and not be stuck watching whatever your dictator father chose.

Seriously? I think reddit ruined me. There is a subreddit for everything. Sometimes I look because I am just curious.

In all seriousness, that mindset was killing my boners. Now, the kid is full mast at a few kisses...WITH A WOMAN.
seinfeld-not-that-theres-anything-wrong-with-that.gif

Was talking to my nephew (age 21) and got on the topic of random tbings we experienced as kids they never did. I'm not talking about big political, economic or cultural issues, just random things that I pretty all but forgot until I had to dredge out of the memory bank.

Stuff like, to play video games you had to turn the channel to 3. Same to watch the vcr

Or TV used to end at around 2am.

TV used to ask parents it they knew where their kids were

Street lights were universal signals to go home before texts and cell phones.

What other things of that nature do you remember?
It's 10 o'clock hoe, where the fuck's your seed at?

Having to wait till no one needed the phone to use the internet
I had an answering machine in my computer. Like if someone called while I was in the internet, they could leave a message on the computer.

God that sucked

Everyone was dumber due to lead poisoning ( gas ). I could smoke at the pub. Even in supermarkets. Encyclopaedias were giant and the only way to get knowledge. All cars had ash trays. Petrol was cheaper than water / coke.

Are you 90 years old? Holy shit.

Bro, the real 90 years old is here.

7-11 was open from 7 to 11.

I had to google to know it was true. According to Wiki

In 1946, in an effort to continue the company's post-war recovery, the name of the franchise was changed to 7-Eleven to reflect the stores' new hours of operation (7 am to 11 pm), which were unprecedented at the time. In 1963, 7-Eleven experimented with a 24-hour schedule in Austin, Texas, after an Austin store stayed open all night to satisfy customer demand.Later on, 24-hour stores were established in Fort Worth and Dallas, Texas, as well as Las Vegas, Nevada.

This means @odog was in 7-11 before 1963.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back