Sherbytes: Industry News Megathread, v.2

AI streamlines game storyboarding + dialogue craft. But will it enrich or cheapen player experience?

• Total voters
The Four Horsemen vs Riot Games anti-cheat Vanguard:

Cliff notes:
  • CCP has 'Golden Shares' in Tencent. Giving them 1% executive board voting rights. *In China this gives them 100% veto power.
  • Tencent is given a honorary position in Chinas Congress where they are a member of the CCP.
  • Vanguard captures everything on your system. *Depth it can go to is logging users social media friends list.
  • Vanguard goes further than being an anti-cheat. It blocks drivers/applications from loading like that of a anti-virus.

Once Bytedance challenge is resolved. HR 231 will be applied to Riot Games.

Hmmmmmmm... maybe this could work.

"It is important to note that despite popular myth and modern depictions there are no historical writings nor evidence that Yasuke was ever granted the rank or title of samurai, he was never given a fief nor referred to as one in any writings. Most of our knowledge of his life comes from these messages written by missionaries and locals."

He was a "koshō", which is apparently a page, meaning in medieval Europe at best he would have correlated to a squire. Although he did appear to partake in at least one battle, defending the son of his lord after his lord committed seppuku, which his forces lost, but his life was spared.

I know someone here was really looking forward to this being revealed but honestly can't remember who it was

I know someone here was really looking forward to this being revealed but honestly can't remember who it was

Kinda bummed it's actually not coming out on PC like they said a couple of months ago.

Yasuke armor by Team Ninja. Pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMG_3965.jpeg
    IMG_3965.jpeg
    520.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3967.jpeg
    IMG_3967.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 4
Ninja Theory's Hellblade 2 looks fantastic but drops the ball on only 6-hour story and 'dated' gameplay re: 'stilted puzzles and basic combat', says VGC review:

Review: Hellblade 2’s masterful presentation is let down by dated gameplay.
⭐⭐⭐

Full review here. (External)

Ninja Theory's Hellblade 2 looks fantastic but drops the ball on only 6-hour story and 'dated' gameplay re: 'stilted puzzles and basic combat', says VGC review:

⭐⭐⭐

Hellblade 2 looks amazing graphically. Props to the team.

Rumor has it Crimson Desert will be at Gamescon with a potential demo releasing and a target release date of Q1 2025. Wouldn't hold my breath on the last part. Then again, this is a stiff year for single player RPGs so 2025 might be the best bet.

⭐⭐⭐

I'm sorry, a game can look as wonderful as it wants, but 50 bucks for a 6 hour game? I don't need or want games to be hundreds of hours, and a short solid story is always welcome, but I mean, that just seems wrong to me.

I'm sorry, a game can look as wonderful as it wants, but 50 bucks for a 6 hour game? I don't need or want games to be hundreds of hours, and a short solid story is always welcome, but I mean, that just seems wrong to me.
Im probably in the minority in that I think game prices need to go up. To me with Hell blade it has nothing to do with the length I just don’t like the game. Played the first one and tried to like it but it just wasn’t doing it for me.

Nintendo have acquired Shiver Entertainment from Embracer

Nintendo Co., Ltd. (HQ: Kyoto, Japan, President and Representative Director: Shuntaro Furukawa; hereinafter "Nintendo") hereby announces that it has entered into an agreement with Embracer Group AB (HQ: Karlstad, Sweden, CEO: Lars Wingefors)to acquire 100% of the outstanding shares of Shiver Entertainment, Inc. (HQ: Miami, Florida, U.S; CEO: John Schappert; hereinafter "Shiver") and to make it a wholly owned subsidiary (the "Acquisition").
Shiver is a video game development company that develops software for multiple platforms including Nintendo Switch. Since its establishment in 2012, Shiver has partnered with publishers and developers through commissions for large scale title developments, and recently, has worked on porting and developing software titles such as Hogwarts Legacy and Mortal Kombat 1. Nintendo will acquire 100% of the outstanding shares of Shiver and make it a wholly owned subsidiary. By welcoming Shiver's experienced and accomplished development team, Nintendo aims to secure high-level resources for porting and developing software titles. Going forward, even after it becomes a part of the Nintendo group, Shiver's focus will remain the same, continuing commissions that port and develop software for multiple platforms including Nintendo Switch.

Arrowhead have hired a new CEO with the previous one Johan Pilestedt moving to a Chief Creative Office role

Back