Sherdog Confessional: My affair continues...

Who is more in the wrong?

• TS

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • The cheating wife

Votes: 66 32.5%
  • They are both equally garbage human beings.

Votes: 129 63.5%

• Total voters
Lol at absolving this guy and him liking your post. He is comitting harm to a family by indulging in this behaviour knowing full well this could blow up a family. She is the one with the vows, but he knows it is wrong and clearly looking for people to say 'its okay, you're not a piece of shit' and then continuing with it as if it is a gray area

He is. He needs to stop, not get a pat on the back and a 'there there'. This fucking forum I swear.

A buch of folks making cowardly threads about how shitty they are like this is some group therapy session instead of talking to their families or dealing with their bullshit. Bunch of enablers.

To anybody looking to reply with a 'who are you to judge'. Fuck off in advance
Or. He's hoping that people telling him what wrong he's doing will tip him to the point in ending it. Like a sense of validation for what he knows is wrong but needs it to be confirmed in his head.

And don't lump me in with enabling, the fact I haven't yelled at him doesn't mean I agree with what he's been up to. I was merely appealing to his logical side. That if she were to call it quits with her husband and real life sank in, it wouldn't be as enthralling as it is right now.

I was in the same situation for 15 years. Exact but we were both married and both had kids. It was perfect and serene when I was with her. I couldn’t leave my wife and kids though. They did nothing wrong. I had obligations to them. They believed in me. Anyway, the lady died in 2020. One of the first victims of COVID. she caught it from a patient she treated in an ED. Since then, I’ve tried to rebuild my relationship with my wife, whom I think was blissfully unaware of the whole thing. It’s something I’ll never get over. It’s one of the best, and at the same time, one of the worst things I’ve done in my life. Good luck, bud. Life can really toss you some curve balls. Seems like there is no choice that you can make where nobody gets hurt.

Last edited:
As some of you may know, I have been involved in an affair with my best friend for the better part of 6 years. We have been friends since we were teenagers (we are both now 37) - she moved to England for teachers college, met a guy and started a family. I stayed in Canada, and ironically became a professor at the university we both attended.

We had amazing chemistry when we were younger, but couldn't get the timing right - either she was seeing someone, or I was. Right before she left, I told her I loved her, but she was with someone... and I thought I had missed my chance. In 2016 on a visit to Canada, a night out turned into something more, and since then, we have been in an on again and off again affair. Most recently, I just got back from visiting her in England - quite literally no one in my life knows I went. I told family/friends/colleagues that I was speaking at a conference, and off I went.

As always, we had a magical time. I took her to Hélène Darroze, one of London's few 3 star Michelin restaurants, and it felt like we never skipped a beat. In parting though, we both acknowledged that neither of us knows where this can go - as we lay together, we literally had to set a timer because she had to get home to her husband and kids.

There is no tenable path forward, she would be giving up her entire life to be with me, and even if she was prepared to do that, there are two young children involved. I can't move to England for a number of professional and personal obligations. The logical thing to do would be to stop - we are both being awful people, and I know I am contributing to something that could tear a family apart. The look of guilt on her face as she walked out the door should be enough to stop, but we never do.

The cycle will rinse and repeat. Me living for these brief moments when I can see her, and keeping other woman at arms length, while she experiences a period of self loathing/shame (if only for a little while, as we eventually begin rationalizing reasons why it's okay to do this).

I don't know why I'm telling any of you this - I guess it's because I'm too ashamed to tell people that actually know me. Even with all of this in mind, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

You want to know what's worse than unrequited love, or a missed opportunity? Love that's reciprocated, but can't be acted upon. In some ways, it would have been easier if she told me she didn't feel the same way.

To the younger guys/girls out there, if you like someone and there's a chance of being together - tell them, don't wait.

PS: I know I am being a horrible person, and have no intent on rationalizing what I am doing. Flame away.
I support your affair TS. I'm just being a contrarian though since the majority of people here thinks you're garbage.

Anyway, the lady died in 2000. One of the first victims of COVID.

Did you mean 2020? I was gonna make a joke, but it'd be too soon.

I was in the same situation for 15 years.
Bruh, how'd you have a decade and a half long affair undetected? Were you visibly crushed, and how did your wife notice?

I ask because I made a thread of this scenario once:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/another-what-would-you-do-scenario.4240593/#post-168296132

Or. He's hoping that people telling him what wrong he's doing will tip him to the point in ending it. Like a sense of validation for what he knows is wrong but needs it to be confirmed in his head.

And don't lump me in with enabling, the fact I haven't yelled at him doesn't mean I agree with what he's been up to. I was merely appealing to his logical side. That if she were to call it quits with her husband and real life sank in, it wouldn't be as enthralling as it is right now.
I typed "affair" and looked up his post history.

He has been posting about this shit for years. Including fucking in the house while the husband is at work while the kid is in the other room, fucking and taking the kid to a picnic. Meeting the husband. Being in a room where the woman takes a call from a husband, the phone background is a family portait and then immediately fucking her after the call. Not sure if this is multiple women or the same one.

He has posted multiple times he doesnt feel bad or that bad about it.

I am not interested in helping this guy. He has been told, he has known not to do it, unrepentant. He has a Phd, he worked out the logic long ago, he just doesnt really care. He can die alone, he doesnt deserve help.

Unless @Brampton_Boy worked at some weirdo Christian university college or something where they make the faculty and students take one of those abstinence outside of marriage pledges he could not be fired over this.
Exactly. Someone else mentioned this also. He is also a tenured professor.

As for being published and research, I would say most university PhDs are doing that to maintain their status. A high number of publications is vital to landing a job as a professor. Since full-time college-level teaching jobs are extremely competitive, it's strongly encouraged that prospective professors have as many academic publications as possible.

Also, for most college instructor positions, conducting research is either required or strongly encouraged, and you'll be expected to get your research findings published in peer-reviewed journals on a regular basis. So, yes, 'a dime a dozen.'

There is nothing 'weirdo' about a Christian university. Notre Dame is a great university.

You flew like 4,000 miles? To fuck a married woman? With 2 young kids?

<Kpop01>
He could have had something like this at home for $300 an hour. o_O
314175.jpg

He has been posting about this shit for years. Including fucking in the house while the husband is at work while the kid is in the other room, fucking and taking the kid to a picnic. Meeting the husband. Being in a room where the woman takes a call from a husband, the phone background is a family portait and then immediately fucking her after the call. Not sure if this is multiple women or the same one.

Lol. That's why I was saying he and the wife are borderline sociopaths.

The phone background chick was another married woman he met on a business trip at a hotel, I think.

You let him coax you into getting a yellow card?
bunk-headshake.gif

I am not interested in helping this guy. He has been told, he has known not to do it, unrepentant. He has a Phd, he worked out the logic long ago, he just doesnt really care. He can die alone, he doesnt deserve help.
I'm not going to disagree with any of this. Apart from the dying alone, I would rather that not happen. And I must have forgotten all the sordid details, or I didn't read them in the first place.

Murderers get out after 30 years and rehabilitate themselves. Thus far he hasn't murdered anyone and it's awful what they're doing. This thread is cathartic because he knows he's been fucking up for years and is trying to stop.

@Brampton_Boy how old are the kids?

Might be possible to continue the affair until they’re 18 and then she can dump the husband and be with you.

Lol. That's why I was saying he and the wife are borderline sociopaths.

The phone background chick was another married woman he met on a business trip at a hotel, I think.
I'm not going to disagree with any of this. Apart from the dying alone, I would rather that not happen. And I must have forgotten all the sordid details, or I didn't read them in the first place.

Murderers get out after 30 years and rehabilitate themselves. Thus far he hasn't murdered anyone and it's awful what they're doing. This thread is cathartic because he knows he's been fucking up for years and is trying to stop.
A lot of criminals are sociopaths - bad upbringing and socioeconomics formed the life conditions and the behaviour, or at least highly influenced it.

This guy, two loving, successful parents, he is highly educated, successful himself and somewhat wealthy. The only person I see him feeling bad for is himself and he is extremely selfish. He is closer to a psychopath. This forum isnt going to help him, he needs actual help.

Last edited:
Exactly. Someone else mentioned this also. He is also a tenured professor.

As for being published and research, I would say most university PhDs are doing that to maintain their status. A high number of publications is vital to landing a job as a professor. Since full-time college-level teaching jobs are extremely competitive, it's strongly encouraged that prospective professors have as many academic publications as possible.

Also, for most college instructor positions, conducting research is either required or strongly encouraged, and you'll be expected to get your research findings published in peer-reviewed journals on a regular basis. So, yes, 'a dime a dozen.'

There is nothing 'weirdo' about a Christian university. Notre Dame is a great university.

There’s nothing weirdo about a Christian university per se. The qualification of “weirdo” is specifically with respect to those schools that require those abstinence pledges of students and staff. Most don’t do that.

Back