Sherdog has become a joke

One of the three judges agreed that Magomedov won R1. I had it 10-9 Magomedov.

Second round ... All three judges gave that one to Borralho. I had it 10-9 Magomedov.
Even two judges had Mago in round 1.

Surprised they disagreed on round 1 but all went Caio round 2. When I first popped into MMA decisions after seeing this thread, scores were split 50-50 on round 2, with round 1 and 3 having equal scores opposite ways, so it really didn't seem egregious.

Sherdog is 4 Life Holmes
I think you forgot what this life is all about
We don’t be getting rid of ours, over some emotions and judging
Bless up and Bless out

Gladly.

First round, I valued the impact of the strikes. The totals seemed quite close, within five or so I'd wager, but the physical impact (swelling, laceration, etc) on Borrelho's face around his temple and right eye (not counting the eye poke) was visible to me. He seemed to take the shots worse than Magomedov. Most of Borralho's strikes in the round were leg kicks, while Magomedov was largely headhunting. Borralho failed on his takedown so there was nothing of note in the grappling category in R1 for me to score. One of the three judges agreed that Magomedov won R1. I had it 10-9 Magomedov.

Second round, they were extremely close in terms of striking. Again, the determining factor for me scoring R2 for Magomedov was that his strikes to the head and body seemed more damaging individually, but it was the kind of coin-flip round where you could give it to Borralho as well. All three judges gave that one to Borralho. I had it 10-9 Magomedov.

Third round, it was a clear round for Borralho, some even considered it a 10-8. I had it 10-9 Borralho, for a total of 29-28 Magomedov, but it was exceptionally close and I have no issue with a 29-28 for Caio or even a 30-27 for that matter.

As a reminder, we don't see strike stats when scoring live, and if we do get them on the broadcast, we do not give them much credence because they are unofficial. If some people viewed R1 as extremely close, and some people viewed R2 also as extremely close, then what's the issue with seeing both rounds for one fighter?

Are you and the other sherdog judges live at the event when scoring, or do you do it from at home watching?

If you're at the event the seats you get and the crowd will play a big factor on how you see it, and if you score it from home the commentary will heavily bias your decision.

This is my favorite inaction figure.

View attachment 1010239
This one though

31365_118295421541189_118288864875178_102828_889634_n.jpg

Just like real UFC judges who sometimes don't watch or are on their phone checking out IG, Sherdog judges often get bored too & just submit a scorecard. Even hardcore MMA fans cannot be trusted to follow every rd of every fight

2 out of the 3 Sherdog judges gave it to Abus. The other had it a draw.

Clean house, Sherdog.
This post deserves way more likes lol. I've been saying the same about Sherdog news, but everyone knows the fact already for a long time. Bias and/or nonsense is a well-known issue here, not only on news but also mods treatment and etc.

But to each their own, I guess. Embarrassing, at least.

Are you and the other sherdog judges live at the event when scoring, or do you do it from at home watching?

If you're at the event the seats you get and the crowd will play a big factor on how you see it, and if you score it from home the commentary will heavily bias your decision.
Another thing to think about it how, at an event, there's rotating judges each fight. Not only does this reduce chance of corruption in the system, but more importantly, it's so you don't have judges constantly hyper focused on scoring fight after fight and gives them a break, while media basically have to take their fan hats off and watch and score the entire event straight through, which even the judges don't have to

Well then, that makes sense. They scored the fight terribly to be contrarian
No, that's just Jed Meshew

So the next time someone is tempted to appeal to the authority of the media, keep this in mind; it's possible that media scorecard was recorded while said media member was multi-tasking, browsing SD for instance. Jay was itt 25 minutes after it was posted, and still managed to submit a score for Nascimento/Mayes.

This, for sure. Our judges call it as they see it - personally have mixed thoughts on announcers. Definitely HATE when announcers are heavily biased, if they like them or hate them.

Actually, Sherdog is a very democratic forum and that´s good. The problem is the shitty post these brazilian casuals create every minute about stupid themes written in the worst English syntax possible.

Back