Media Shevchenko got scratched in the nose by Grasso

The rematch needs to happen so we can just put this behind us. Either Grasso was a fluke win, or she's actually better than Val right now.

Everything else is just background noise

Scathing.
No wasted verbiage. Succinct, and to the point..

And funny as fuck, to me..

Well done.

nicholas-cage-laughing.gif

Grasso was not winning on the scorecards. All three judges had 10-9 Grasso round 1 and 10-9 Shevchenko rounds 2 and 3.
She won the first round on every judge's scorecard. That's what I was referring to

She won the first round on every judge's scorecard. That's what I was referring to

Weird. It's literally not what you said, nor any reason for anybody to have read it that way. Your prior post, and his prior post, were both referring to the fight as a whole and never once targeted round 1 specifically.

You actually had me doing a double take since I was pretty sure Valentina was ahead on the cards going into Rd 4.

Grasso was not winning on the scorecards. All three judges had 10-9 Grasso round 1 and 10-9 Shevchenko rounds 2 and 3.

Correct. And those are good scores from the judges that I am assuming we can all agree on. Grasso was obviously on course to win the fourth as well had Valentina not tapped. It was an even fight.

I don't understand her emphasis on the scratches. Does absolutely nothing to change the result. She needs to focus more on why she really lost, if she's got any chance of winning the rematch. Just making excuses isn't gonna get that done.

Weird. It's literally not what you said, nor any reason for anybody to have read it that way. Your prior post, and his prior post, were both referring to the fight as a whole and never once targeted round 1 specifically.

You actually had me doing a double take since I was pretty sure Valentina was ahead on the cards going into Rd 4.
No I was pretty clearly referring to round 1, since that was the round I spoke about in the message.

Oh my bad, I forgot to actually mention round one. That's what I meant tho.

Could the scratch come from the gloves not nails
Did you see Shevchenko’s knees? Massive friction burns. Looked like it probably stung like fuck for a cpl days after, imo. Alexa sure as shit did not scratch Shevchenko’s knees.

There are many ways you could end up with an abrasion on your nose like that in mma.

So, absolutely.. A glove, the floor, the fence, etc..

The rematch needs to happen so we can just put this behind us. Either Grasso was a fluke win, or she's actually better than Val right now.

Everything else is just background noise
Considering Grasso drilled that exact scenario, on film. In at least 2 different videos, that I saw. It was literally a flaw in Shevchenko’s game that somebody on Grasso’s team identified. And as a good team. They prepared for it.

Humans are creatures of habit. It wasn’t a one off, that Shevchenko threw that spinning shit. And it wasn’t a one off that Grasso was prepared for it.

There was ZERO about that was “flukey”. And it’s an insult to her team, and herself to say otherwise, imo.

Very disappointing to see Shevchenko refuse to acknowledge she lost to a better fighter that day.

I don't understand her emphasis on the scratches. Does absolutely nothing to change the result. She needs to focus more on why she really lost, if she's got any chance of winning the rematch. Just making excuses isn't gonna get that done.

Here’s the thing, man..
Of the seven deadly sins, theologians and philosophers reserve a special place for pride. Lust, envy, anger, greed, gluttony and sloth are all bad, the sages say, but pride is the deadliest of all, the root of all evil, and the beginning of sin.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5203925

In her eyes she is completely and utterly infallible. Perfect in every way.

ERGO..

That clown, Herzog is why she lost..

The incompetent ref that did the pre-fight inspection was why she lost..

And sure as shit. Grasso that cheater, with her illegal claws was why she lost..

I’m telling you people. I lived with a psychiatrist for 5 years. We had loads of discussions about similar shit.

warriors-yes.gif

Here’s the thing, man..

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5203925

In her eyes she is completely and utterly infallible. Perfect in every way.

ERGO..

That clown, Herzog is why she lost..

The incompetent ref that did the pre-fight inspection was why she lost..

And sure as shit. Grasso that cheater, with her illegal claws was why she lost..

I’m telling you people. I lived with a psychiatrist for 5 years. We had loads of discussions about similar shit.

warriors-yes.gif
Oh I get what's behind it, but that ain't gonna win the rematch lol.

Pride is a killer in these situations.

Back