Shevchenko is still Nunes toughest opponent lets be real.

GDR can KTFO Nunes. Best hands of any women fighter and more power in her hands than both Nunes and Cyborg. With years of improved td defense since their last meeting she should be able to keep it standing when Nunes gets lit up and starts to panic wrestle

Valentina is the most skilled WMMA fighter on the planet imo, she just doesn't have the power that Amanda and cyborg have. I think any fight between her and those two is a toss up. She is skilled enough to land more and not get caught, but doesn't have the power to convince the judges she won the fight.

GDR can KTFO Nunes. Best hands of any women fighter and more power in her hands than both Nunes and Cyborg. With years of improved td defense since their last meeting she should be able to keep it standing when Nunes gets lit up and starts to panic wrestle

Meh! GDR hasn't really shown me she can beat Nunes . That last performance against Pennington... meh

Lol.

If we're going solely by who beat who you do realise there's an argument for Artem being the GOAT right? lol

If we're going solely by who beat who, which female has a better list of wins (and finishes) than Nunes?

At any weight... If they fight 10 more times the fight probably goes to split decision 8/10 times.
And they are the 2 best female fighters in the world At the moment

1. Nunes. 2. Bullet. 3. Rose

I mean. I've watched the main event at UFC 215 between Shevchenko and Nunes twice now.
I scored it for Bullet both times. Not the most exciting fight. Some close rounds. But each time I came out with a 48-47 victory for Shevchenko. And it seems like at the time of the event... most agreed with that score. I can see an argument for both fighters deserving the win. Not saying it wasn't razor close. Amanda may have stole some rounds that I scored for Shevchenko with the leg kicks and shots to the body .. she also landed two TD's...And she definitely landed more strikes all together.
But The Bullet landed the better shots upstairs.

Sherdog Scores
Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Nunes (48-47 Shevchenko)
Brian Knapp scores the round 10-9 Nunes (48-47 Shevchenko)
Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Nunes (48-47 Shevchenko)

giphy.webp

giphy.gif
I had it 49-46 for Valentina . In the 5th round all that Nunes did was lay and pray and valentina landed better shots from the bottom and in the feet.

She did. People do not like Amanda and thats what they are going by. In the rematch Amanda still out struck Valentina by 84% or whatever you can find that info at fight metric, including 2 take downs. Shevchenko WAS busier in the rematch, but hitting and kicking air does nothing as well as clinching and doing nothing doesnt help your cause.

This and then some

True. Valentina was robbed by the judges against nunes
Not according the numbers, AND MANY MEDIA SOURCES that apparently according to you robbed Shev as well by scoring the fight for Nunes? Must be a conspiracy. Look at the numbers which everyone hangs on now a days Amanda landed more overall, kicks and the two take downs Amanda got. We remember take downs are huge in MMA right? I think you need to watch the fight again my friend. This time without the chicken wings an 17 beers.

This title explains why Nunes shouldn't be considered the GOAT, styles make fights and Cyborg would wreck Shevchenko.

they train together.

I think if they were the same size ... Valentina beats Cyborg.
Cyborg's size, power and range might give her an edge possibly but ...

Valentina beat Holly cleaner imo and she arguably beat Nunes ... twice.
While Cyborg did very well vs Holly ... I feel the only real difference was that she was power while vs Valentina ... Holly just got outclassed thru and thru.

So at least against common opponents, Valentina has done better imo.

Lol at "styles make fights" and not that Cyborg is over 30lbs bigger. The fact that Valentina could cut to SW but she could give Cyborg even a tough fight just shows how much better Valentina is P4P than anyone else in WMMA.
LOL CYBORG MURDERS SHEVCHENKO
I love how everyone considers Valentina still when she has 2 LOSSES to the Amanda whether you agree or not SHE LOST. Not only did the judges at the event score it for Nunes many media sources did as well.
STOP... these Shevchenko wiener riders are too much.
Look at the fightmetric numbers Amanda beat Shevchenko in a close fight landing 2 take downs as well. Val swinging kicks and punches in the air for 5 rounds dont score points. Maybe for you they do but in the rule book they dont.

Rock Paper Scissors - Boxers beat Punchers, Brawlers beat Boxers, Punchers beat Brawlers
For the very reasons that Valentina gave Nunes trouble, Holly Holm would also give her a ton of trouble. Nunes throws a hard overhead 3/4 right that looks like a pitcher throwing his fastball. Holly waits for her to miss and comes over the top with a straight left to the eye socket.
It is the one fight we haven't seen and the one fight that they should make.

Back