Shoes for kickboxing??

Mark6pro

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I searched for this topic and didn't see anything less than 10 years old. My first kickboxing gym allowed shoes and I just loved the feel (wear and tear on the bag aside). I've kind of moved off kickboxing but during covid have been throwing a few kicks again in the garage. Wondering if anyone uses any footwear for this. I've seen some sites on google mentioning wrestling shoes, which I haven't worn but somehow think the ankle support would get in the way. The other option might be Adidas taekwondo shoes I saw for the first time but I've never loved how Adidas fit in general.

I was looking for boxing shoes and noticed that a lot of guys just use wrestling shoes so I went with these. I don't feel like they impede my movement at all.

91zkFijm+eL._AC_UX395_.jpg

I went in person to try some stuff on yesterday and did try the wrestling shoes. Found it a bit weird that it's sort of more padded on the balls of the feet than the heel. Opposite to most shoes walking around, but I get why that would also be good for the standup game in general too.

Walked away with some boxing shoes, but also found a good price on Adidas TKD shoes online so I'll post about those when they come in if they fit the bill.

We use this in combat sambo. Pretty cheap, 30$ for a pair:

orig

sambo shoes or surf booties are best because of the soft sole

most wrestling shoes have a stiff sole

I searched for this topic and didn't see anything less than 10 years old. My first kickboxing gym allowed shoes and I just loved the feel (wear and tear on the bag aside). I've kind of moved off kickboxing but during covid have been throwing a few kicks again in the garage. Wondering if anyone uses any footwear for this. I've seen some sites on google mentioning wrestling shoes, which I haven't worn but somehow think the ankle support would get in the way. The other option might be Adidas taekwondo shoes I saw for the first time but I've never loved how Adidas fit in general.

blitz and addidas sell taekwondo shoes which are perfect. I use them on my bag. They are really light but the soles will tear up quick on a concrete floor.

upload_2021-5-1_19-39-23.jpeg

Back