Television Shogun

I would have appreciated another naked Kiku nude scene in the finale.

At least they explained what happened. I was expecting them to explore more erotic Japanese culture.

So overall, was this remake accurate to the original? Any idea where the original is streaming?

I would have appreciated another naked Kiku nude scene in the finale.

At least they explained what happened. I was expecting them to explore more erotic Japanese culture.

So overall, was this remake accurate to the original? Any idea where the original is streaming?
Original was a better story imo n acting. But tough to beat the visuals in the remake as to me that made the show.

I tried to find the original to stream an noine has it only shot os at the library.

Original was a better story imo n acting. But tough to beat the visuals in the remake as to me that made the show.

I tried to find the original to stream an noine has it only shot os at the library.
i found it on a site with greek subtitles. its not great quality(480) i could pm you a link if you are interested

Shogun is based on the after effects of Oda Namunaga assassination in real history right? Names are changed and love story etc added but it is supposed to somewhat follow general guidelines of the history? I started watching age of Samarai on netflix an it seemed pretty similar.

No, the title of Taiko was given to Toyotomi Hideyoshi who was a vassal of Oda Nobunaga and led the charge against the rebel Mitsuhide Akechi. Since Hideyoshi could not prove lineage to the Fujiwara, he could not be given the title of Shogun.

This series is loosely based off history, but with different yet similar names.

Haven't watched the finale yet but was expecting some kind of version of the Battle of Sekigahara. Do we not get that?

No, the title of Taiko was given to Toyotomi Hideyoshi who was a vassal of Oda Nobunaga and led the charge against the rebel Mitsuhide Akechi. Since Hideyoshi could not prove lineage to the Fujiwara, he could not be given the title of Shogun.

This series is loosely based off history, but with different yet similar names.
Tokugawa is who is portrayed as Toranaga . Both he and Toyotomi were the top allies of Oda right? .

This isn't the final season. In season 2, they will show:

The final battle of Sekigahara that ushered in 260 years of peace under the Toronaga's Shogunate. Blackthorne builds a Western style ship for Toronaga and eventually becomes Toronaga's close advisor, primary translator and contact with any foreign power.

Toronaga survives the 260 years to finally team up with a US Army captain named Nathan Algren in an epic battle against the Western colonialists.

A gentler ending than I was expecting, but it wrapped up everything nicely.

This was a beautifully made show with moments of brilliance, but I can't help feeling it fell short of what it could have been.

The finale ruined it for me. Not for needing a big battle, but because we did not get a proper reward for all that build up.

SPOILERS

After episode 8 and the extreme lenghts they go to make him seem defeated, I was expecting a big twist like his brother being into it. In the end, I feel all the build up was not deserved. To be honest, his master plan has a lot of flaws and is depending on so many random factors.

I like slow shows like Better Call Saul, but we got no payoff here.

Haven't watched the finale yet but was expecting some kind of version of the Battle of Sekigahara. Do we not get that?
Just a super brief vision of this is what would have happened as the result of the chess moves.

John is stuck in Japan though.
They start out the finale with him as an old man with his grandkids messing with his sword. The window looked like it was back in England. When they talk about how the sword was chipped, I thought they would later show how that happened.

They start out the finale with him as an old man with his grandkids messing with his sword. The window looked like it was back in England. When they talk about how the sword was chipped, I thought they would later show how that happened.
That's just a dream he's having in the beginning.

In Japanese history, at what point was powerful guys having kids with multiple baby mamas frowned upon?

What do you guys think was the moral of the story? I think it was if you're gonna be young dumb eager to start shit, you'll end up slipping and crack your head and dieded.

Toranaga was playing 4d chess and sacrificing his pawns ♟ for the win

I want more, Especially with Ochiba. Why did she chose to switch sides? Why was she kinda embarrassed about being engaged to Ishido? Who’s her son’s father?What was the point of her having that big of a hate hard on if we didn’t get to understand why

Back