Shoop SHOOP Dat BIGWAVERIDER R.I.P. Brother

71cbo6.jpg
Haha, that's Mike with Overalls being eaten by Arq, lol.

Yes mate I'm a big DnB fan. I assume you are a connoisseur yourself if you recognise that album cover.
Absolutely mate. As soon as I saw that image I immediately thought of 'V Recordings'. I've been listening to DnB since about 1998. I've got a stack of DnB vinyl here which I used to use when I DJ'd at house parties back before there were CD decks. These days I listen more to Liquid DnB, but through the years have listened to all sorts of DnB. I absolutely love DnB. I used to go to a DnB nightclub every week, dancing all night, absolutely wasted (if you know what I mean), lol.

Absolutely mate. As soon as I saw that image I immediately thought of 'V Recordings'. I've been listening to DnB since about 1998. I've got a stack of DnB vinyl here which I used to use when I DJ'd at house parties back before there were CD decks. These days I listen more to Liquid DnB, but through the years have listened to all sorts of DnB. I absolutely love DnB. I used to go to a DnB nightclub every week, dancing all night, absolutely wasted (if you know what I mean), lol.
Sick bruv. Everything you have written is pretty much the same for me. Still go to quite a few raves and festivals every year even though I'm pushing 40, not sure when the appropriate cut off point is. Got tickets to see Breakage b2b Dbridge in a couple of weeks, really looking forward to that one. Have you got any mixes you can send? I'll send you my mixcloud page on PM.

Sick bruv. Everything you have written is pretty much the same for me. Still go to quite a few raves and festivals every year even though I'm pushing 40, not sure when the appropriate cut off point is. Got tickets to see Breakage b2b Dbridge in a couple of weeks, really looking forward to that one. Have you got any mixes you can send? I'll send you my mixcloud page on PM.
Primo mate, thanks - I'll have a listen to the link you sent me.
Yep, I've got some mixes to give you. I'll upload them to my Slack online storage one at a time, and give you a link when each one is done. One of them is about six or eight hours long!!
Honestly mate, as long as you still enjoy going, don't stop. I used to go to house music nightclubs too, and there was always a a guy there who was in his seventies. He said he just loved the music and the clubbing scene.

Primo mate, thanks - I'll have a listen to the link you sent me.
Yep, I've got some mixes to give you. I'll upload them to my Slack online storage one at a time, and give you a link when each one is done. One of them is about six or eight hours long!!
Honestly mate, as long as you still enjoy going, don't stop. I used to go to house music nightclubs too, and there was always a a guy there who was in his seventies. He said he just loved the music and the clubbing scene.
6-8 hour mix :eek: fair play bruv that sounds like it was a right session. Yeah anything you can hook me up with I'll be grateful. I listen to a lot of music when i am at work so I'm always on the hunt for new stuff.

There's a thread in the Jukebox sub forum that's been going a for a few years. Been quiet recently but got lots of good tunes and mixes in there.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-liquid-neuro-darkstep-hardstyle-etc.3062481/

6-8 hour mix :eek: fair play bruv that sounds like it was a right session. Yeah anything you can hook me up with I'll be grateful. I listen to a lot of music when i am at work so I'm always on the hunt for new stuff.

There's a thread in the Jukebox sub forum that's been going a for a few years. Been quiet recently but got lots of good tunes and mixes in there.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-liquid-neuro-darkstep-hardstyle-etc.3062481/
Nice, I've bookmarked that sub forum - thanks bro. I didn't ever imagine Sherdog would have a DnB sub forum in it.
Yeah man, back then I was into doing long mixes. I like the idea of playing it back later without having to touch anything for six hours. Plus it means that I don't have to start wrapping up the mix (for the final track) for ages. When I do two hour mixes I feel like I just got going and then it ends.

Sorry for the late reply man, I was away on holiday and have only just been able to start catching up on my Sherdog stuff.

Yeah, that mumble rap genre has me scratching my head. I guess popular hiphop/rap had to go in some direction, and that is the direction it went.
No worries man, hope you had a great time :)
Comparing popular music now to what I listened to as a teenager in the 90s, it's f..g depressing. Of course there was shit as well, but I could listen to popular radiostation. Now you can create shit from thin air + autotune + idiot with tatooed face. I really feel we peaked as a civilisation, late Romans probably complained they are witnessing the fall too.
The shoops are amazing though, I hope BWR is smiling at us.

No worries man, hope you had a great time :)
Comparing popular music now to what I listened to as a teenager in the 90s, it's f..g depressing. Of course there was shit as well, but I could listen to popular radiostation. Now you can create shit from thin air + autotune + idiot with tatooed face. I really feel we peaked as a civilisation, late Romans probably complained they are witnessing the fall too.
The shoops are amazing though, I hope BWR is smiling at us.
Yeah man, civilization peaked in about 2001, and it's been on a slow, but increasing, rate of decline ever since then. To me, it's an orchestrated decline, not natural - a destruction of the world we knew, and a bringing-in of a more technologically-controlled distopia.
There is a song by Iron Maiden (which I used in a Shoop once) called 'The Writing On The Wall' with which the song lyrics (and music video) show the destruction of the world we knew. The title "The Writing On The Wall" basically says that the writing is on the wall - at this point it's plainly obvious the the old world is being destroyed. The video shows that it's all orchestrated by a hidden hand. It's a good tune. Here's the video if your haven't seen it yet...

Back