International Shots Fired at Multiple Sites in Liverpool

Siver!

Sedriques Dumbass Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

A man has been arrested after reports shots were fired at a cinema in Liverpool on Wednesday evening.
The Showcase Cinema in Croxteth was put on lockdown when a man threatened staff in the foyer before shooting at the outside of the building.
The 49-year-old man was arrested by armed officers at about 04:46 GMT in Fazakerley after a Taser was used.
Officers responded to three separate incidents involving shots being fired but no-one was injured.
The man was detained on suspicion of possession of a Section 1 firearm with intent to endanger life and robbery.
He has been taken to a police station in Merseyside where he remains in custody.
Merseyside Police declared a major incident and armed officers were scrambled to the Showcase Cinema on Stonedale Retail Park in Croxteth at about 20:50 GMT, when it was reported that a gunman had entered the venue.
He was reported to have threatened two members of staff in the foyer and fired shots into the air outside before escaping in a car.
People watching films inside were only aware of the incident as they left the cinema.
About 50 minutes earlier, a gun was fired at the News and Booze store, approximately a mile away, on Lower House Lane in Norris Green.
It was reported a man had entered the shop (known locally as Sangha's newsagents), threatened a shop assistant and demanded cash before firing a gun and leaving empty-handed.
The worker was not injured but was left extremely distressed, police said.
At about 22:20 GMT, further reports were received that gunshots were heard at a property on Malpas Road.
Assistant Chief Constable Jenn Wilson said: "The shocking and distressing impact these incidents will have had on the shop assistant, the staff at the Showcase Cinema and those filmgoers who found themselves in a lockdown situation in the complex after shots were fired outside the cinema, and the residents of Malpas Road, cannot be underestimated.
"Thankfully incidents like this, involving a single offender in three separate shootings in close proximity and quick succession, are extremely rare, and this is the first time we have had to deal with an incident of this nature on the streets of Merseyside."
There is a large police presence at Stonedale Retail Park with the car park sealed off and all shops within the area will remain closed while officers continue investigations.
Ms Wilson said: "Officers were on the ground immediately following the first incident and were able to respond swiftly to the subsequent discharges, and a male was identified, located and arrested on suspicion of all three discharges within 13 hours.
"High-visibility patrols will remain in the area to reassure members of the local community.
"Firearms have no place on our streets and we are committed to arresting those involved in gun crime and taking firearms off our streets."

---

Bizarre story.

No injuries, nobody dead, nothing apparently stolen...

Not sure if he intended to harm anyone or not, but it's a good thing that even where a firearm was present, either the guy was incompetent with a firearm (a good thing), off his head, or simply bottled it..

Glad no one was harmed. Im slowly getting rid of My gun collection, It is becoming a heavy burden on me.

Liverpool is not America…

What a useless story and clickbait headline @Siver!. Your thread making skills better fucking improve for 2024.

National news here - very much tied to firearms, don't see the problem!

Gun nut logic below.

Why is murder illegal when it still happens?

Places where murder is legal actually has less murders.

Only criminals murder when you make it illegal.

We need good murderers to stop the bad murderers.

lol... what?

Why? Do you carry them around with you everywhere you go Frodo?

Try stashing them in a safe

I live in my girlfriend's house she dont want my AR-15s in the house.

Absolutely fake news. You can’t have a gun in the uk because they are illegal. It’s just like chicago and Cali where criminals somehow get guns and rather than increasing sentences with harsh punishment for felons with firearms, they get probation and law abiding citizens have their second rights infringed upon because of shitbags having no regard for the laws and even do stuff like shooting people in “gun free zones.” But like I said, this probably didn’t happen or was impossible because guns are outlawed there.

Back