Should being clearly hurt by a strike be an instant 10-8?

Only if it becomes a 10-8 if the other guy gets put on a bad position like mount or back-mount.

But seriously, could you imagine how bad the scorecards would be with this kind of logic? Octagon control can't even be clearly defined and you want them to know how hurt a guy is.

Because boxing never has sketchy decision or robberies.

Why on earth would it be based on a single strike when MMA isn't even only striking? If a guy is "clearly hurt", it should be a 10-8 against the guy who couldn't finish a clearly hurt opponent.

Interesting note .....In boxing Judges are required to score a knockdown .... they actually aren’t required to score the round 10-8

Nah I'd prefer more 10-10 rounds for bullshit rounds where nothing happened. That would solve point fighting overnight. Also, sudden death rounds for instances where there's a draw (as 10-10 rounds would create more of them of course).
It would only help point fighting (to an extent) if there was live scoring.

Some people have a style they are going to use no matter what the rules or scoring is

Na - need the whole of the 5s ta know...

Boxing scoring has points lost per time being dropped, should MMA have something similar? It would at least make scoring criteria a bit more concrete
Should be ruled a TKO loss immediately. Fucking pussies getting hurt.

Boxing scoring has points lost per time being dropped, should MMA have something similar? It would at least make scoring criteria a bit more concrete

I say no, at least in terms of immediately. But wobbling a guy or putting him into survival mode should count for a hell of a lot when scoring a round. I think knocking a guy down with strikes means as much as holding back mount for three minutes while never really getting close to a RNC, and that is scored 10-8 pretty often.

A lot of fighters possum up to lure their opponents in, they can look hurt without actually being hurt.

It would only help point fighting (to an extent) if there was live scoring.

Some people have a style they are going to use no matter what the rules or scoring is
Maybe, but if I'm a guy who normally wins depending on fightmetric and all the sudden fights I'd normally win are losses/I'm bringing home less money to my family and potentially about to lose my job... my calculus would definitely not be placed on trying to steal 10-9s with a few fightmetric-appeasing shots.

If you need to consult a computer to tell you who got the 10-9 in an uneventful round... that round is a prime candidate for a 10-10.

There could be a lot of 10-1 rounds using this method :D
Haha nice

Maybe, but if I'm a guy who normally wins depending on fightmetric and all the sudden fights I'd normally win are losses/I'm bringing home less money to my family and potentially about to lose my job... my calculus would definitely not be placed on trying to steal 10-9s with a few fightmetric-appeasing shots.

If you need to consult a computer to tell you who got the 10-9 in an uneventful round... that round is a prime candidate for a 10-10.

Haha nice
<TheWire1>

If you get an auto 10-8 for almost subbing a guy as well, sure.

What does that have to do with anything?

Fight was razor thin and probably should have been a draw. I had Rampage winning but havent seen the fight in years.

The fact Rampage was champ and they gave Forest the win was pretty shady.
The fact that being champion sways the judging is pretty shady. Forrest hurt Rampage a few times with leg kicks, had a submission scare or two, and was landing his own share of solid shots.

The fact that being champion sways the judging is pretty shady. Forrest hurt Rampage a few times with leg kicks, had a submission scare or two, and was landing his own share of solid shots.

when the fight is as close as it was then it should be a draw or go to the champ nothing shady about that. Forest got dropped with an uppercut and also him hurting rampage and the sub all happened in the same round if i remember.

Forest got the win but did not "beat" Rampage in any way shape or form.

Back