Should Dana stop fighters crossing the line with attacks on family members?

rstringer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
There is no doubt that the more heated a pre -fight conflict gets, the more interest the fight will generate. And I feel Douche White is conveniently hiding behind the "this is the fight business" slogan fully realizing this fact.

I still think however that family members, especially dead ones, should be off limits and that is something Dana could enforce.

Do you guys that he should penalize fighters who do cross the line? I feel most fighters don't go there anyway , the two instances I know of are Colby and Conor, the asshole and the drunk.

Thoughts?

Nah, they are grown men. If they want to act like assholes that's their choice. They will have to deal with the consequences/backlash. We don't need speech police telling people what they can and cannot say.

I think the trick there is where you draw the line, and how to apply that fairly.

I don't disagree that some of the shit recently has gone too far, I just don't know how you police it.

There is no doubt that the more heated a pre -fight conflict gets, the more interest the fight will generate. And I feel Douche White is conveniently hiding behind the "this is the fight business" slogan fully realizing this fact.

I still think however that family members, especially dead ones, should be off limits and that is something Dana could enforce.

Do you guys that he should penalize fighters who do cross the line? I feel most fighters don't go there anyway , the two instances I know of are Colby and Conor, the asshole and the drunk.

Thoughts?

It's cage fighting. Stop being such a P.

It's a catch 22 imo.

On the one hand these are fighters, and tough folks. Freedom of speech should be allowed.

But on the other hand, if the org is trying to come across as professional, then employees publicly attacking each other's families isn't exactly endearing to said professionalism. lol

Dana is a fan of attacking family members

G0DqOz.gif

Thoughts?

No, but the fans will shred the fighters that cross that line.
Freedom of speech is not the Freedom to not hear bad things.

Dana isn't their father, and its up to the fighter to choose what he's going to say to represent him or herself.

What Colby said is trash, and that's what Colby decided to represent.

let men be men, even if they choose to be classless men. Colby said some stupid shit and got embarrassed for it last Saturday. All is well.
not sure man, if this made Leon , an MMA Champ cry, then the scars maybe there longer then you would think.

I think the trick there is where you draw the line, and how to apply that fairly.

I don't disagree that some of the shit recently has gone too far, I just don't know how you police it.
it's simple, say everything you want against your opponent, don't insult their family members.
If you do, some financial penalty, you keep doing it, your purse goes to the other guy and you wont' fight.

No, but the fans will shred the fighters that cross that line.
Freedom of speech is not the Freedom to not hear bad things.

Dana isn't their father, and its up to the fighter to choose what he's going to say to represent him or herself.

What Colby said is trash, and that's what Colby decided to represent.
freedom of speech means the government gives you the right to say what you want, , unless it is hate speech and encites violene of course. Freedome of speech does not force private companies to allow you to say whatever the fuck you want about your co workers.

You want to test this? next time go to the next meeting at work and say your co workers wife is a whore and see what happens.

Absolutely not. The fighters should be allowed to talk all the shit they want, and if it gets to the point where they're fighting outside the cage that's fine too. The police & lawyers can deal with that shit, there's no need for Dana or the UFC to get involved.

freedom of speech means the government gives you the right to say what you want, , unless it is hate speech and encites violene of course. Freedome of speech does not force private companies to allow you to say whatever the fuck you want about your co workers.

You want to test this? next time go to the next meeting at work and say your co workers wife is a whore and see what happens.

Your feelings are blinding you sir.
This isn't a fucking board meeting its fuckin fighting.

You quite obviously have never seen Ricardo Mayorga.

Freedom of speech is being able to say what you want....the consequences of saying these things depends on the stage.

Try discussing next time instead of coming at me like a dickhead.

Back