Should Jiri make us reconsider writing off minor orgs?

Did RIZIN give UFC permission to use Jiri HL reel for promotion?

it doesn't seem to matter how often the ufc competition gets destroyed by established guys from other orgs,

"ufc only-fans" (i lol'd just writing it) can't seem to come to grips that the sport is bigger than the promotion.

I mean very few fighters are 0-0 before fighting in the UFC.

The thing with these minor organizations is that they're trying to fight the UFC playing the UFC's game (i.e. just putting on the best fights they can). It is like a new football league trying to beat the NFL by putting on football games. You can't win that way (can't put on good fights, without depth). What they need is eyeballs, which will attract good fighters. The UFC does not need these jabronis like Doug Lima or Patricky Pitbull... all they can do is claim they are the best minor leaguer in the world.

I like MMA, but I never watch Bellator, I don't see OneFC, I don't see Rizin, Cage Warriors, etc. Because I don't watch minor league sports. BUT... if these organizations did things to attract eyeballs (e.g. cross promote), that would bring eyeballs and that would bring better fighters.
This is probably the worst post from an OG account I’ve ever seen. You don’t like mma, you like UFC.

Everyone comes from some other promotion, it's the way it works. Jan came from KSW, Jiri came from Rizin, Conor came from Cage Warriors, Gaethje came from WSOF, Yan came from ACA, Chandler came from Bellator.

The talent level is often difficult to gauge. Because it's assuming the biggest org has the most talent, the hardest road to title contention. But SF and WEC showed the assumption isn't always true. Same could go for ONE fighters. Not Vera, but like the guy who beat MM. They could be better than expected.

It's not like the UFC is the NBA when it comes to scouting (though the NBA pretty much always writes off players from Europe). UFC lacks in scouting. I think Bellator and SF (Coker) does a better job with it even as the smaller show.

But I think it's still fair to point out newcomers to the UFC would have to prove themselves. Because there is Benson Henderson, but there also is Will Brooks, Askren, etc.

For Jiri specifically LHW is a weak div now. It's open for new guys to emerge. The stable consists of old guys or ones unproven. Beating Volkan and Reyes isn't some landmark feat. It's not like coming over and beating Chuck and Randy.

Last edited:
Rizin is pretty legit, I never would have wrote off a prospect from there

if only Dom would have taken Jiri more serious.20210503_084945.jpg

When will people understand that there are elite fighters in every orgs. Khabib came from ProFC and destroyed the best UFC has to offer in their most stacked division.

Plenty of UFC fighters went to other orgs and got destroyed easily

Back