Should Joe Schilling be charged for assault?

Should Joe Schilling be charged for assault?

• Total voters
totally agree. He got the video from the camera-guy and it's not some random camera guy - he told one of his crew to video him coming back from bathroom or wherever and he WANTED to flatten the guy. I've heard 3 different stories from the Schilling end of things about "he's a racist" and "he insulted Schilling's wife/girlfriend" and "he called Schilling's pants Capri pants". Funny how they're searching for a 'reason'.

None of this matters - it's assault and/or battery and I hope it costs Schilling a lot of cash and gets charged.
I don't care how annoying someone is being, the victim was doing nothing illegal, just dancing and being a bit drunk & probably annoying, sure but..... no need to slug him. You walk away.

If Schilling gets not conviction or fine he'll just do this again and again somewhere else.

Yeah, if drunk people annoy you a bar probably isn't the best place to hang out.

In this case it would've been better for Joe to just slap the dogshit out of him. Pretty sure the drunk would've straightened right up after that. As far as "charges", nah, unless the guy has some permanent damage. (not just to his ego).

Probably. That guy posed no threat to him whatsoever. Maybe a sweep or light slap to the face would have been justified after the guy stepped to him, but not a violent ko. Ironically, Bisping had a person run up to him on the street a few days ago and punch him. He laughed it off. That’s how a professional fighter should handle that situation.

You could tell by the look on Schilling's face as he approached that he either A) Was planning 100% to coldcock the guy for whatever he said or had been doing to annoy him, or B) Was gonna do something that would lead to a some sort of physical altercation and was hoping the guy would give him the smallest possible reason to do what he did.
Oh definitely! What look did Schilling give the dunk guy when Joe turned his back to the camera?

Why is this in the UFC forum? It’s already been posted in sports colosseum where it belongs.

Yes, this douche bag laughing and claiming he was scared for his life shows his smug low IQ arrogance. He will do fine in prison if he doesn’t act like this.

Thoug I doubt he'll get actually jail time he will plead guilty to a lesser charge most likely, as he is guilty. Can't see any justifiable reason for his actions, you can't defend yoruself from a threat that isn't there.

Alcohol, shiity music, and stupid people = recipe for trouble. No reason for the police or courts to get involved in this nonsense.

Joe is a piece of shit. first he laid hands on that guy shoving him away, while a courteous "excuse me" would have sufficed. then he KOed him a second after the guy says "hey". that guy never even touched Joe.

Some sad, pathetic ass replies in here defending a wannabe martial artist in Joe Schilling. For shame. I hope they throw the book at this lunatic. Fuck him.

He sucker punched a guy in a bar so I would assume he is going to get charged. Being a douche is rarely enough reason to get ktfo.

Not only it's assault, it looks premeditated to. He should go to jail for this.

Also in before water is wet comment.

I’m not sure if he should be charged or not. The video is so short and doesn’t show what happened leading up to Schilling punching him out. Like most videos posted these days it’s always the last 10 seconds of altercation

This forum is so soft smh

drunken asshole who’s notorious for causing problems finally messes with the wrong guy and Joe should be charged because he’s a fighter? Get bent. He’s made of flesh and bone like everyone else. If that drunken guy hits him Joe could get hurt like anyone else. Drunken guy jukes at Joe and Joe neutralized the threat and walked away after the drunk guy fell. And I’ve seen people say that Joe should have “just walked away”. Call me old fashioned, but IMO turning your back on a drunken guy whos showing signs of aggression towards you is a bad idea.

I’m not sure if he should be charged or not. The video is so short and doesn’t show what happened leading up to Schilling punching him out. Like most videos posted these days it’s always the last 10 seconds of altercation
...what? It literally shows everything leading up to Schilling knocking him out

the entire relevant sequence is on video.

Back