Should UFC have mandatory retirement and what criteria?

vladimir-lenon-ussr-empire.jpg

Reactions: HHJ
No because every body and fighter is different

There could be guys in late 30s with less damage taken than a guy in his late 20s.

We need a fighters Union

No. But x amount of KO losses in a row, would make more sense

Imagine cutting older guys like Hendo, Glover, Romero, and Randy because of "retirement" age. UFC is doing fine which is taking everything case by case.

I can't believe some of you must still want to watch Chris Weidman and Tony Ferguson fight. They are two obvious, obvious reasons I'm making this thread. You guys enjoy watching them at their current levels???
Are some of you the same guys that are mad about Jones fighting Stipe?
stipe is 2-1 in his last 3 fights fighting the best

hell even these weirdos love the idea of adesanya getting another shot
the mans been violated by sean and knocked out silly by pereira

theres lots of weird people only on sherdog

it is because they hate the idea of jones beating stipe adding it on his resume
quite obvious

Why would they do that?

Why ?

If ufc don't want you they'll cut you. If they don't,they wont. Why should they make rules they might not want to follow?

Imagine what money would be lost if Randy and Dan Henderson had to retire at 40.

And no there shouldn't be a seniors division.

no one should have to pay to see that shit. If the old can't compete w the young they can put over the next generation on the way out.

seeing two old fighters go at it is generally horrible.

shogun vs lil nog 1 = goat fight.
shogun vs lil nog 2 = meh
shogun vs lil nog 3 = ew

this is what bellator is for, not ufc

I can't believe some of you must still want to watch Chris Weidman and Tony Ferguson fight. They are two obvious, obvious reasons I'm making this thread. You guys enjoy watching them at their current levels???
I don't. But they shouldn't make some stupid rule either. Some guys can fight at 40 and it's dumb to exclude those for a stupid rule that makes no sense.

If ufc wanted to get rid of these two guys they could. Nothing is stopping them.

Mandatory, no.

Multiple losses will get a fighter cut from the UFC though, it's up to the fighter & their finances to retire.

Look at Tyson fighting Jake Paul now, should he fight NO, is he gonna make money, YUP.

When two UFC fighters start to look like they need to retire. They should fight to the death, that way one is permanently retired and the winner has started to build towards a new win streak.

Contracts are a thing, the UFC won't force you to retire. They'll cut you before that.

Weidman and Ferguson are grown adults who chose fighting as a career they know damn well they got theirselves into and came make the decision for themselves when it's to hang it up.

Only people are mad about Jones vs Stipe are a little delusional, calling Stipe old and wha not, these are some people who would praise Fedor for fighting a 40+ Coleman when he was 28, at lest Jones is closer to Stipe's age interns of gap.

In the end, fighters family has more of a responsibility to be truthful with said fighters and when they should hang it up.

Sam Alvey has lost essentially lost 9 fights in the same amount of time Ferguson lost in 7. People only bring up Ferguson and Weidman is because we've seen them at the highest level so we people are more invested in caring about them retiring and or watching them continue on.

Why would they do that?

Why ?

If ufc don't want you they'll cut you. If they don't,they wont. Why should they make rules they might not want to follow?

Imagine what money would be lost if Randy and Dan Henderson had to retire at 40.

And no there shouldn't be a seniors division.

no one should have to pay to see that shit. If the old can't compete w the young they can put over the next generation on the way out.

seeing two old fighters go at it is generally horrible.

shogun vs lil nog 1 = goat fight.
shogun vs lil nog 2 = meh
shogun vs lil nog 3 = ew

this is what bellator is for, not ufc
I have mad respect for you Sherbro.
Here is why I think it as at least worth considering doing something aside from letting Dana decide to cut them. Dana, whom I don't like much as the boss there, will squeeze every last drop out of these guys until they spend the last 30 years of their life with Parkinson's and on pain killers. That's why.
I guess no one remembers that Stephen Bonnar just committed suicide. Wonder how much CTE he had?
Anyway.....

Reactions: HHJ
I have mad respect for you Sherbro.
Here is why I think it as at least worth considering doing something aside from letting Dana decide to cut them. Dana, whom I don't like much as the boss there, will squeeze every last drop out of these guys until they spend the last 30 years of their life with Parkinson's and on pain killers. That's why.
I guess no one remembers that Stephen Bonnar just committed suicide. Wonder how much CTE he had?
Anyway.....
That's the fight game. Bonnar went to bellator and did pro wrestling and all sorts of shit after the he left UFC.

Some guys beat the system but you gotta be smart and think about that before you get into this and a lot of guys either don't, or just cant stop even though they should.

Bonnar had a serious drug abuse problem. That's on him, not mma.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back