Crime Six Dead and at least Eleven, including a nine-month-old baby, Injured after Mass Stabbing in Sydney Shopping Centre. Suspect shot dead by police.

what use is that if they said they KNOW who he is and was on the police radar?
Some agencies have protocols when it comes to stuff like this. However, they never seem to take into account that people on the internet really need to know right away so they can claim victory in very important arguments.

what use is that if they said they KNOW who he is and was on the police radar?

It absolves them from the legal liability of misidentification. Especially in cases like this where the individual and their family could be targeted for abuse. Failing identification from family or guardians, they'd need dental or DNA confirmation.

It absolves them from the legal liability of misidentification. Especially in cases like this where the individual and their family could be targeted for abuse. Failing identification from family or guardians, they'd need dental or DNA confirmation.
that would sound ok as procedure if they didn't already offer details about him by saying his age and that he is know to them. that implies they fear no legal liability of misidentification.

that would sound ok as procedure if they didn't already offer details about him by saying his age and that he is know to them. that implies they fear no legal liability of misidentification.

If you watch the press release, the Comissioner is very aware of what she can and can't confirm before formal identification (she copped some criticism over her handling of the murder of the gay couple by a policeman, and she does glance at her colleague to double check at one point in the media questions). They aren't worried about misgendering him, getting his age or race wrong. This isn't the US.

Begging for the dubs, what kind of pathetic move is that.
<LikeReally5>

Based on what we know right now, i'm kind of liking my odds btw, but fair enough, it isn't at 100% right now.

I like the idea how you're sitting at home with your fingers crossed, hoping this wasn't done in the name of islam for a change,
like that would prove that there are no issues with (extremist) muslim/Islamic culture
Well... this IS a forum more or less for and by it's users, and we discuss our opinions.
I don't always agree with @Helden , but I surely do here. There SHOULD be repercussions for being a race baiting POS.

<codychoke>

Well... this IS a forum more or less for and by it's users, and we discuss our opinions.
I don't always agree with @Helden , but I surely do here. There SHOULD be repercussions for being a race baiting POS.

<codychoke>
Race baiting? The fuck is this

Isn't it just that?

Are you sure you're not seeing what you want to see?

This shit was known like a few hours after it happened

Rugby top and cricket shorts

It’s amazing how a random crazy attack can be used for random agendas in other countries

Typical sherdog blaming every problem on the world on the mooslems

It's to calm the populace.

ie) He is not a member of some murder cult, he's a known individual nutter.

ps---I had to look up wtf a bollard was o_O

Sadly I don't think so. It's not to prevent attention seeking copycats either, although I'd certainly support that and focusing on the victims. Same with that couple of whackos that ambushed the police in Wieambilla a couple of years ago.
They officially released the names after the Dad had identified them.

They never release the information here before official identification, and the last media release would have been at 9pm last night.

That's not very high. Dover Heights is almost half, although it's a much smaller area. Highest in Sydney in terms of numbers are Rose Beach, Bellevue Hill and Vaucluse.
Vaucluse probably has the most visible community in terms of places of worship, shops etc.
4d850209dc7ed1f183e4e60720005a79.gif

Is that so? How come back in 2019 the Darwin shooter, who didn't shoot his first victim until 5:39 on June 4, was identified by the press no later than 1:50 AM in the middle of the night technically on the next day-- barely eight hours later?
ABC.au said:
The alleged shooter believed to have carried out a series of attacks that left four men dead and a woman injured in "an hour of chaos" in the Darwin CBD last night has been identified as Benjamin Glenn Hoffmann, 45...

Police have not yet officially confirmed the identity of the shooter and said they did not believe the attack was linked to terrorism.

4d850209dc7ed1f183e4e60720005a79.gif

Is that so? How come back in 2019 the Darwin shooter, who didn't shoot his first victim until 5:39 on June 4, was identified by the press no later than 1:50 AM in the middle of the night technically on the next day-- barely eight hours later?
He was still alive and being charged?

This shit was known like a few hours after it happened

Rugby top and cricket shorts

It’s amazing how a random crazy attack can be used for random agendas in other countries

Typical sherdog blaming every problem on the world on the mooslems

Right, because it's impossible for a Muslim to wear a rugby top and cricket shorts. Man, shut the hell up.

Right, because it's impossible for a Muslim to wear a rugby top and cricket shorts. Man, shut the hell up.

because we have video evidence and nobody has made the claim yet?

The bigger issue is that people are trying to change his clothes to suit their narrative when people already knew what he was wearing?

because we have video evidence and nobody has made the claim yet?

The bigger issue is that people are trying to change his clothes to suit their narrative when people already knew what he was wearing?

Eh, the next police media briefing is at 8:30am. No doubt the wheels were turning over night and we'll get more info in an hour (maybe 30 minutes, I assume that's Sydney time).

Back