Small business begging for a review

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Had this company provide a home inspection service on a house I'm buying and now they won't stop begging me for a 5 star review.

The service was good as far as I can tell.

But they text me, email me, etc and say "are there any more questions we can answer for you? By the way, small businesses like ours depend on 5 star reviews...."

I've gotten like 3 of these messages now over the past week.

So now I feel like not giving them a review just on principle, because I don't like them pestering me.

But on the other hand, the service was good so maybe I'm just being a jerk and should lighten up and just give them their 5 stars.

I think you should go to their headquarters an say you would like to give your 5 star review.

However the only condition is you get to uppercut everyone in the room.
you're not supposed to do that anyway?

there's a restaurant I frequent: "Free appetizer with 5 star yelp review"

that shit is shady as hell............................ great food, but still shady.

it must suck to run a small business with zero advertising help.

Seriously? Fuck that. I would've gone home and changed my review and tell the world what they're doing. That's like extortion
i thought about changing the review afterwards, but settled with not frequenting that place anymore. I've seen some eateries offer a free item if you show an employee a review, but not this homie

That would be as effective as a youtube channel asking for a sub. If i havent subbed on my own until now your not sub level and you reminding me does not change it, its just annoying and will make me frequent that channel less. I get it from their point of view a decent review drags their average down and a bad review can do some real damage just to the average but that is not my problem and unless you went way beyond what was agreed on im not giving a review unless the job was done terrible or great.

"Yeah let's pester and guilt trip our customers to gain reviews instead of asking for referrals to generate new business, surely that'll work!"

Sounds like they just set up their Google profile few days ago so they're trying to make it out da prelims expectin big ting. Shame on you fam for messing with their bag fam der kidz finna go to a junior college now prolly cost em a few bandz at least 💸 #BadKarma

I think it’s because we let these reviews ruin businesses. Everyone gets 5 stars. Anything below isn’t normal. If you give someone like 3.5-4 then it’s beef

Some countries still rate accordingly but that is also slowly changing.

I think it’s because we let these reviews ruin businesses. Everyone gets 5 stars. Anything below isn’t normal. If you give someone like 3.5-4 then it’s beef

Some countries still rate accordingly but that is also slowly changing.
I own multiple businesses. We get 1 star reviews from people who've never even been our customer. ..I dont understand humans

a small food joint straight up had me bust out my phone at the counter and show my 5 star review before giving me the food
WTF... I'd tell them to shove their food up their asses and walk out the door, just on principle.

Back