Small business begging for a review

Had this company provide a home inspection service on a house I'm buying and now they won't stop begging me for a 5 star review.

The service was good as far as I can tell.

But they text me, email me, etc and say "are there any more questions we can answer for you? By the way, small businesses like ours depend on 5 star reviews...."

I've gotten like 3 of these messages now over the past week.

So now I feel like not giving them a review just on principle, because I don't like them pestering me.

But on the other hand, the service was good so maybe I'm just being a jerk and should lighten up and just give them their 5 stars.
If I'm being bothered like that, I'd likely give them a negative review.

Had this company provide a home inspection service on a house I'm buying and now they won't stop begging me for a 5 star review.

But they text me, email me, etc and say "are there any more questions we can answer for you? By the way, small businesses like ours depend on 5 star reviews...."

So now I feel like not giving them a review just on principle, because I don't like them pestering me.

But on the other hand, the service was good so maybe I'm just being a jerk and should lighten up and just give them their 5 stars.
I typically react poorly to this kind of stuff. However in the case of a small company i would help them out.

a small food joint straight up had me bust out my phone at the counter and show my 5 star review before giving me the food

I'm laidback, have patience for assholes, but I can't tolerate f*ck-f*ck games like that.

I'm laidback, have patience for assholes, but I can't tolerate f*ck-f*ck games like that.
my usual approach when solicited like that is to tell them i'll do it when i get home, but this dude was insistent. Probably not a long-term strategy on his part.

I did notice when I opened my phone to write the 5 star review, there was a recent small flood of bad reviews they were hit by, which surprised me. I can see why he was so insistent

my usual approach when solicited like that is to tell them i'll do it when i get home, but this dude was insistent. Probably not a long-term strategy on his part.

I did notice when I opened my phone to write the 5 star review, there was a recent small flood of bad reviews they were hit by, which surprised me. I can see why he was so insistent

What did you order, and was is even good?

on the other hand, the service was good so maybe I'm just being a jerk and should lighten up and just give them their 5 stars.
A little bit, but they are overdoing it. Give them a good review, but send them an email suggesting they lighten up.

chicken biryani, the portion was plentiful, which was the primary reason why i went there..but no longer!

"5 stars, would not visit again"

Such an odd circumstance

Did they ask for a tip as well?
7nu4uj.png

Back