Smart Mark Sterling addresses the GCW "Universe" after Matt Cardona's victory over Nick Gage

You know you're gonna get heel heat in a promo when you say "Dave Meltzer was right" lmao great stuff

Lmao some dude next to me threw a bottle at him and he started pointing people out "you idiot there's cameras everywhere!"

There were fire alarms going off during the intermission of day 2 and some guy from the resort got in a huge argument with Brett Lauderdale (GCW owner), some of the guys in the back came out and he wanted to shut the show down. Nothing ended up happening.

No way in hell I’d sign off on a match with Gage.

Much less be in the ring with him and a pizza cutter.

Agreed. I don't know how people do it. Credit to Cardonna, I'd never work a deathmatch. I think deathmatches are stupid as hell. Foley was doing some crazy shit back in the day but even his style was safer than what I see now.

Agreed. I don't know how people do it. Credit to Cardonna, I'd never work a deathmatch. I think deathmatches are stupid as hell. Foley was doing some crazy shit back in the day but even his style was safer than what I see now.

In hindsight Mick should have never had to do that stuff to get over. He was a great promo with top notch psychology.

He's a professional you won't get seriously hurt. Arquette got cut bad because he was moving around too much.

People aren't scared to have a deathmatch with Gage, because I'm certain 90% of wrestlers would beat the fuck out of Gage in a shoot. His gimmick is fun to meme about, but let's be real, dude is a skinny fat unathletic former junkie. If he starts "shooting" on someone, most guys in the business would probably fuck him up. Even an action figure dork like Cardona would probably beat Gage into a pulp if shit got real.

Outside of his gimmick Gage seems like a professional cool dude though, so I doubt he would "shoot" on anybody with weapons.

People aren't scared to have a deathmatch with Gage, because I'm certain 90% of wrestlers would beat the fuck out of Gage in a shoot. His gimmick is fun to meme about, but let's be real, dude is a skinny fat unathletic former junkie. If he starts "shooting" on someone, most guys in the business would probably fuck him up. Even an action figure dork like Cardona would probably beat Gage into a pulp if shit got real.

Outside of his gimmick Gage seems like a professional cool dude though, so I doubt he would "shoot" on anybody with weapons.
It's good to see people being worked into believing it though. The business is still alive

Last edited:

To be honest, I'd be scared to work a death match not because of what they do in them but I'd be scared of hepatitis c. Even though there's treatment for it now. I question if a small organization like that can routinely blood test wrestlers.

I honestly prefer WWE's no color. I think color in a match is acceptable but I can do without it in 2021. I don't need color to tell the story

To be honest, I'd be scared to work a death match not because of what they do in them but I'd be scared of hepatitis c. Even though there's treatment for it now. I question if a small organization like that can routinely blood test wrestlers.

I honestly prefer WWE's no color. I think color in a match is acceptable but I can do without it in 2021. I don't need color to tell the story
It happened to Nigel McGuiness and ended his career.

Back