So many fighters buy into gaethje 2.0

Note that most of them are Americans, and rooting for another patriotic red blooded American

maxresdefault.jpg

Well I mean, look what the guy's done since the Poirier loss

Dude, he’s proven... I still think Khabib is going to win, but the man is proven. You should a little concerned for Khabib, Justin hits hard and doesn’t stop moving forward.

Unlike other 2.0 fighters, Gaethje actually changed his style.
So yeah, he is better and better and he has a great coach.
I still think Khabib will beat him to a decision, but he improved a lot since his last loss.

Dude, he’s proven... I still think Khabib is going to win, but the man is proven. You should a little concerned for Khabib, Justin hits hard and doesn’t stop moving forward.
Of course, I'm not sleeping on the chaos that is gaethje but I think khabib will dominate him.. I think khabib fight IQ is always underestimated.

This.

Justin has great punching power.

If the Raging Al v Khabib fight is anything to go by, Khabib is hitable!! If Justin can catch Khabib with a few punches and keep the fight standing, he might just win.

I give him a puncher’s chance. However It’s more than your basic puncher’s chance. I say about 30%.

@Peli I mean it's pretty inarguable if you watch his fights that Gaethje's improved immensely as a fighter. He has demonstrably changed his style and become far more disciplined in the way he approaches each exchange. That being said, there is a difference between recognizing Patient Gaethje as a legitimate thing and thinking it's enough to dethrone Khabib (I do not, though I think he'll make it more competitive than others have).

Also, as an aside, Gaethje 3.0 makes more sense as a moniker IMO unless we're only looking at his UFC tenure, which makes sense... but I digress with my pedantry.

Last edited:
I give him a puncher’s chance. However It’s more than your basic puncher’s chance. I say about 30%.
Same. Almost verbatim

I've said something similiar in the past. I give him a punchers chance but that's a lot different compared to your average fighter

It's possible Gaethje could wiin. But I think it's even more possible this fight looks like all of Khabib's other fights and it's smesh central.

I have Khabib winning this, but stylistically I feel like this fight is the most interesting out of all Khabib's previous challenges. We'll see if Gaethje's defensive wrestling is good enough or if Khabib is just to much in the grappling department. At the same time, Khabib has to be careful with the lowkicks that Gaethje likes to use, they are vicious.

Mike Tyson's quote stuck with me

It's not about who's the toughest smarter. Everyone's tough. It's about who's the smartest fighter.

I believe khabib is the smarter fighter. I think his own gets overlooked die to his ground game. People who have been in there with him talk about him being hard to hit and his rhythm is funky

There's really nothing in the gaethje-tony fight that made me think he's a smart fighter. He stuck to the gameplan which was a brilliant gameplan. Not much adjustments needed to be made. Tony made no adjustments and we got what we got.

Last edited:
This.

Justin has great punching power.

If the Raging Al v Khabib fight is anything to go by, Khabib is hitable!! If Justin can catch Khabib with a few punches and keep the fight standing, he might just win.

So Justin has improved since his fight against Poirier but Khabib hasn't improved since his fight against Al?

Literally didn’t say that ^^

I know you specifically didn't.

In general lots of people refer to the Al fight and how Gaethje has improved etc. Even though Khabib fought well against Al he too has improved since then. So when you made reference to the Al fight I made the general point in response.

It will be a good fight but it's up in the air with 2 possible outcomes and we'll learn within minutes which outcome it will be:

1) Khabib wins the fight (and all rounds of the fight)

2) Gaethje wins round 1 but loses the fight and the rest of the rounds.

I love how he beat Tony in a stand up only battle and then all these threads got started about his underrated wrestling.

Back