So Shavkhat might leapfrog Belal Muhammad for the title?

I'm an admitted Belal hater. He has quite literally the worst fight style I've ever seen, and is the cringiest and lamest fighter I've ever heard speak. He has negative charisma and the thinnest skin in the game. That being said, I can't see how he gets jumped for a title shot at this point. He is the most deserving candidate on paper to get the next shot. Just give him the shot already so he shuts up ffs.

Yeah but they don't want him to win

Belal should 100% be next.

But UFC gonna UFC and push that Shavkat fight. Way easier to market that fight and they know it.

18-0 with 18 finishes is absolutely crazy and they want to make that fight right now. Shavkat isn't outspoken or difficult to work with and he'll jump at any chance for the belt

Hopefully Shavkat jumps him and then defends his title against Bumlal. Shavkat will absolutely destroy him lol.

Dana sounded non-committal at best. I believe Belal will get the next shot. Shavkat may be able to sit out and wait for the winner but I'd prefer he fought a top-5 guy before getting a title shot. Usman specifically, or Colby if he's willing.

If either Usman or Colby REALLY wants another title shot, they should jump at the opportunity to fight Shavkat. Or Belal if Shavkat is next for Leon.

The rest of the division is booked and JDM/Burns is the closest thing to a title eliminator that's currently booked.

Shoot if I'm Brady I'd call out Shavkat. Cut the line if you win.

Why not just let Shavkat be Belal's first title defense?
Or the NEXT defense for Leon, should he beat Belal...
What's the rush? Shakvat will get his shot.
<{hughesimpress}>

Shavkat finished Geoff Neal in his fight before this.

Geoff Neal gave Belal a nasty beating. Bust him open.

So it’s disingenuous to base their merits for a title shot based solely off when they beat Wonderboy.
At a pre-fight news conference Thursday, White announced the winner of the UFC 288 co-main event between Gilbert Burns and Belal Muhammad will be next in line for a welterweight title shot. “One hundred percent … yes, the guy who wins this fight will get the next shot (after Covington),” White said.May 4, 2023

Wonderboy, and every other fight Shavkat has had are irrelevant. The spineless mma media need to grow a set. And remind Dana of what the deal is.

No matter how deserving Belal is, all the evidence shows that he’d be dominated and powerless against Leon, and in boring fashion.

I completely agree that Belal deserves his shot, but just remember, it will be unpleasant.

Careful what you all ask for lol

To be honest, if they bypass Belal again you have to consider whether it's Ari Emanuel (Endeavor CEO) literally ordering Dana to never give Belal a title shot.

Ari Emanuel's father was a member of Irgun, which was a zionist terrorist organization in the 30s/40s and has been documented saying racist shit about Arabs. His brother Rahm Emanuel was a civilian volunteer for the IDF. Given all this it's very logical to assume that they hold prejudice against Palestinians to the degree that Ari would sabotage Belal's TS with how vocal Belal is about Palestinian rights, especially in today's climate.

This Saturday's fight was so boringly awful I don't think they want something even worse to be up next.

Shavkat has an ankle injury to heal, so Masvidal, THEN Shavkat.

It’s prize fighting not who deserves it more

See Connor and Colby for references

Belal is a decision machine, Shavkat has a 100% finishing rate

So why would you book a dude from Uzbekistan over Ian Garry if it's prize fighting?

Shavkat finished Geoff Neal in his fight before this.

Geoff Neal gave Belal a nasty beating. Bust him open.

So it’s disingenuous to base their merits for a title shot based solely off when they beat Wonderboy.

It's disingenuous to base their merit off 3 extra top 10 wins since finishing the same guy because.... he lost 10 fights ago?

Belal is 3-0 since beating Wonderboy and he fought him when he was in the top 5. Shavkat has no top 5 wins. What's the obsession with rushing him into a title shot?

Back