So There Will be No More MMA Fights After This Week?

GoldenWolf87

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I am hearing conflicting reports whatever or not the actually UFC/MMA fight cards after this will even happen? so is the fight card for next is still a go?

i'd be willing to bet everything is off for a while. will wait and see though.

ESPN ticker tape said NSAC banned combat sports until bottom of March. Need to see some follow up and clarification.

congrats to ufc for putting on this event, hopefully it sets precedence and shows everyone you still can do stuff and not be pressured into following others

Everything is on track for now. The UFC could decide to suspend operations at any time or the state athletic commissions could step in though.

ESPN ticker tape said NSAC banned combat sports until bottom of March. Need to see some follow up and clarification.
They're waiting for the UFC to organise a safety plan for the Apex.. then they'll vote on whether to accept the proposal on the 25th.

That seems to be the consensus among MMA journalists.

But there are no UFC events scheduled in Nevada until after the suspension ends.

tenor.gif

Personally I think the UFC will follow suit of near enough every other sport and postpone any upcoming events

Personally I think the UFC will follow suit of near enough every other sport and postpone any upcoming events
Do the other sports owe a crazy amount of money and have guaranteed dividend payout obligations?

I am hearing conflicting reports whatever or not the actually UFC/MMA fight cards after this will even happen? so is the fight card for next is still a go?
No official announcements of any cancellations as of yet.

I'd be really surprised if next weeks card in London happens. The US is thinking about adding the UK to the travel ban. And any US fighter that flies over there for the card will have to undergo a 14 day mandatory quarantine upon return to the states.

The two cards after that were moved to Las Vegas at the UFC Apix center. But NSAC met today and suspended all fighting licenses until they reconvene on March 25th. The UFC is hoping to have a card there on the 28th. So there is a slim chance we might get a card at the end of the month.

They will simply be unattended events like this one.

I read somewhere there's a meeting tomorrow to discuss this

No official announcements of any cancellations as of yet.

I'd be really surprised if next weeks card in London happens. The US is thinking about adding the UK to the travel ban. And any US fighter that flies over there for the card will have to undergo a 14 day mandatory quarantine upon return to the states.

The two cards after that were moved to Las Vegas at the UFC Apix center. But NSAC met today and suspended all fighting licenses until they reconvene on March 25th. The UFC is hoping to have a card there on the 28th. So there is a slim chance we might get a card at the end of the month.
yes, what he said

They will simply be unattended events like this one.
the london one might be tough to pull off, but i guess we'll see.

honestly. having a break from 1 or 2 cards might stack the other cards.. next week's is pretty bad. i mean, other than the main event, the card is weak shit. and im one to defend just about any card. england cards dont deserve the typical "overseas espn+ card" label, but i guess thats what next week's card is.

the london one might be tough to pull off, but i guess we'll see.

honestly. having a break from 1 or 2 cards might stack the other cards.. next week's is pretty bad. i mean, other than the main event, the card is weak shit. and im one to defend just about any card. england cards dont deserve the typical "overseas espn+ card" label, but i guess thats what next week's card is.

The weakest cards often turn out to be really good.

Back