So whats next for Hendricks does he hold out?

Underworld

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Does he hold out for a long time or does he take on a guy like Condit?

I friended Johny on facebook and I asked him this very question and he said he would wait for his title shot.

He should wait, I'd like to see him fight Ellenberger but he doesn't deserve a shot at Hendricks right now.

He should wait, I'd like to see him fight Ellenberger but he doesn't deserve a shot at Hendricks right now.

You mean he doesn't deserve a fight wiht GSP right?
No way Ellenberger should not be in the picture at all man. He ain't even top 8 in the WW division

No way Ellenberger should not be in the picture at all man. He ain't even top 8 in the WW division

So Hendricks should fight him then if its such an easy fight.

Thought he cleaned out the division, lol.

It kind of annoys me when fighters hold out, but Hendricks is the exception and I'm not even that big of a fan of his. He's rightfully earned that shot. He's got legit victories and where would he even go from here? I'm a huge Diaz fan and it's unfair he's being considered over Hendricks. He's coming off a loss. Nobody else in the WW division is really deserving of the title shot as of yet.

I understand wanting to wait it out, but he should really look at what happened to Rashad when he sat out to wait for his shot. The UFC is under no obligation to give him a shot and a lot could happen between now and then.

if you think youre that bad and see yourself good enough to be the champ, just continue racking up wins and eventually you WILL be the champ. if you lose on the way, you probably arent the real champ anyways.

Holds out for Rory for the first WW Champ after GSP. GSP will resign the belt, but fight one more time (Diaz) before fighting Silva, I bet at catchweight. GSPs first non-title fight in ages, and just because it's personal because Diaz is a bully in need of the beats.

His job is to fight, not protest. He should fight and have enough confidence that he will win and sell his match with GSP even more.

I understand wanting to wait it out, but he should really look at what happened to Rashad when he sat out to wait for his shot. The UFC is under no obligation to give him a shot and a lot could happen between now and then.

Indeed, biting the hand that feeds you could be a mistake.

I think Hendricks vs Condit, would be a good matchup too. It would really test Hendricks to see how he would even do against GSP sense Condit just finished his fight with GSP.. and it will also give Condit a paycheck. But would Condit take the fight?

It kind of annoys me when fighters hold out, but Hendricks is the exception and I'm not even that big of a fan of his. He's rightfully earned that shot. He's got legit victories and where would he even go from here? I'm a huge Diaz fan and it's unfair he's being considered over Hendricks. He's coming off a loss. Nobody else in the WW division is really deserving of the title shot as of yet.

Hendricks can fight
Condit
Winner of BJ and Rory
Diaz
Damien Mia

Not good to piss of Dana. Hendricks will get his shot next year for sure. If Diaz looses, which he will, I am sure Hendricks is next in line.

He should just keep knocking out who is thrown to him.

I friended Johny on facebook and I asked him this very question and he said he would wait for his title shot.

I hope you can advise him to keep doing what hes doing, his time will come.. I just dont want to see him sidelined and lose a beat... He needs to gain more steam, and im sure he will be next.

What are you talking about? I'm saying Hendricks deserves a shot @ GSP and Ellenberger doesn't deserve to fight Hendricks right now even though I'd like to see it.

I think he has the choice to decide. If he want's to wait so be it, but I think he should fight again, it would be a bad idea to have ring rust against GSP or Diaz

So, let me get this straight...

Johny feels he can take on Georges in a title fight but he would rather sit on the sidelines and not put food on the table because he may lose to someone not as good as GSP?

That says a lot about his confidence heading into a title fight.

You don't think Ellenberger is a top 10 ww? Please provide a list of yours.

Back