So when Bobby Knuckles beats Gastelum, will he finally move back to 170?

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Or will he continue to eat and stuff his face while racking up more losses to guys in their prime while only being able to beat over the hill guys or people outside the top 10. His fanboys will also continue to make excuses for him while still saying he’s a future champ with more losses than wins against prime opponents.

I'm a massive Whittaker supporter. He's a great dude.

But Gastelum is not a walk in the park for Rob. He has the chin to stay in the fight, the boxing skill to hit Rob and the power to hurt him. Gastelum may have slipped a lot in recent fights but he matches up well with Rob and he knows that. It's why he was so vocal about getting this fight, because he knows it's his chance to jump back in the mix. Kelvin will come out as focused as he has in a while.

I think Rob gets it done, but it won't be easy.

Kelvin shocks the world and puts Bobby to sleep

I see a very easy decision coasting win for Whittaker. I hope I'm wrong, I've never liked Whittaker and he's a sherdog darling (like Khabib).

Hope the mma gods bestow a brutal finish in favor of Gastulem (honestly don't even like Gastulem much, he's the lesser of the evils to me)

Or will he continue to eat and stuff his face while racking up more losses to guys in their prime while only being able to beat over the hill guys or people outside the top 10. His fanboys will also continue to make excuses for him while still saying he’s a future champ with more losses than wins against prime opponents.

I would love to see Whittaker wrestle a bit more to show some changes in his game. I know he has been doing a heap of boxing so it probably won't happen, but I would love to see him channel his inner GSP. He has all the style to basically fight exactly like him.

I would still rather him be immaculate with his nutrition and make 155, but he will probably just take loss after loss rather than go down.
Gastelum's 71-inch reach is below average at 170. He still has love handles at 170, evidence of at least 18% body fat. If he got down to 12% body fat (fairly average for a UFC fighter), he could make 155 quite easily. But it's clear that he doesn't have the discipline to do that, unfortunately.

I'm gonna laugh for days if Kelvin sparks Bobby.

Kelvin will dump "Bobby Knuckles" on his head for the entirety of the fight and stuff his takedown attempts and win via UD.

Go ahead and bookmark this post for later, hater.

I'd rather see Gastelum move back to WW and be serious about it. He has a great shot at championship gold in that division imo.

I would love to see Whittaker wrestle a bit more to show some changes in his game. I know he has been doing a heap of boxing so it probably won't happen, but I would love to see him channel his inner GSP. He has all the style to basically fight exactly like him.
I think he has been doing a bunch of wrestling and BJJ behind the scenes. He won't wrestle against Gastelum cause he doesn't need to, but against Izzy D1 Rob will come out.

He wrestled a bit against Cannonier, but bear in mind Cannonier is freakishly strong, and really isn't a great person to grapple against.

TS is a foaming autist who doesn’t watch fights

KG is elite and stylistically a nightmare for Whittaker who gets hurt every fight

I see a very easy decision coasting win for Whittaker. I hope I'm wrong, I've never liked Whittaker and he's a sherdog darling (like Khabib).

Hope the mma gods bestow a brutal finish in favor of Gastulem (honestly don't even like Gastulem much, he's the lesser of the evils to me)
Pls don't compare Bobby with Russian fighters please. We all know there is a big Russian Propaganda scene on Sherdog.

I'm excited to see who's more overrated. If I had to pick I would say Gastelum but I don't have enough confidence in Whittaker to ever bet on such a thing.

I'm a massive Whittaker supporter. He's a great dude.

But Gastelum is not a walk in the park for Rob. He has the chin to stay in the fight, the boxing skill to hit Rob and the power to hurt him. Gastelum may have slipped a lot in recent fights but he matches up well with Rob and he knows that. It's why he was so vocal about getting this fight, because he knows it's his chance to jump back in the mix. Kelvin will come out as focused as he has in a while.

I think Rob gets it done, but it won't be easy.
for the first time I hear someone support him

People need to let go of WW Kelvin. Its not going to happen. Everyone seems to forget that he missed weight by more than 10 pounds on 2 different occasions.

Back