So why are we not getting Sandhagen-O-malley?

I love the fight to be honest and hope it happens, big fan of both guys and because this isn’t boxing it will probably happen!

I mean fuck sakes, two hyper elite strikers the fight sells itself.

Nobody cares about chito and truth be told we BARELY care about Suga like that so what fucking gives? Chito-Suga is a fun apex main event but shit championship fight.

Is Dana intentionally trying to give Sean a lay up or something?
Corey's surgery and they want to give him the most winnable fights possible

Nobody cares about chito and truth be told we BARELY care about Suga like that so what fucking gives? Chito-Suga is a fun apex main event but shit championship fight.

I think they’re thinking a few things:

Capitalize on Sean’s run as champ for whatever it’s worth by cashing in on the chito/o’malley bad blood while it’s possible since Sean’s unlikely to hold onto the belt for long, and Chito’s unlikely to fight his way to legit #1 contender w guys like Sandhagen right there.

If Sean wins, they squeezed a ppv main event out of a guy who is popular online w young people even though there’s no way his audience buys ppvs. If Chito wins, they get to run it back with O’Malley and get two ppv fights out of the rivalry.

100% a business decision cus it’s obviously not based on the most rightful contender. Kinda bullshit and also not at all surprising.

If there’s a different explanation for why it’s not Merab or Sandhagen in there like injuries or something, I haven’t heard it but also haven’t kept up w it much

Becuase cory is injured and merab rejected 2 title shots before including this one

O'Malley wanted Vera for his first title defense to get the loss back. O'Malley called for it.

I think they’re thinking a few things:

Capitalize on Sean’s run as champ for whatever it’s worth by cashing in on the chito/o’malley bad blood while it’s possible since Sean’s unlikely to hold onto the belt for long, and Chito’s unlikely to fight his way to legit #1 contender w guys like Sandhagen right there.

If Sean wins, they squeezed a ppv main event out of a guy who is popular online w young people even though there’s no way his audience buys ppvs. If Chito wins, they get to run it back with O’Malley and get two ppv fights out of the rivalry.

100% a business decision cus it’s obviously not based on the most rightful contender. Kinda bullshit and also not at all surprising.

If there’s a different explanation for why it’s not Merab or Sandhagen in there like injuries or something, I haven’t heard it but also haven’t kept up w it much
Run it back? Come on son

not that deep literally it is because they have unfinished business

Omalley has a history with Chito and is more likely to beat him than Sandhagen. They want sugar to hold that belt as long as possible.

I think the fight happens eventually, but O'Malley and Chito have unfinished business. It's typical for UFC to give new champs guys that they have lost to before in the division. Like Hendo/Bisping 2, Edgar/Maynard 2-3, and probably more.

Concur

Run it back? Come on son
I didn’t say that’s what I want and didn’t say it would be cool, son lol. I was saying it wouldn’t be surprising if that’s part of the UFC’s thinking if chito were to win since it would give them another chance to cash in on a fight that already has a story instead of trying to get people interested in chito vs sandhagen 2

Again, not saying it would make sense, js the ufc has made it pretty clear that it’s all about business for them, so yeah it’s an outcome that would not be the worst for Dana and his buttboys

Chito already beat O'Malley.
How can a champ be legitimate if the guy who last beat him and beat him easily is ranked a few spots beneath him?
Merab declined title-shots on 2 seperate occasions and there's still ppl who wanna hand him the third one, lmfaoo.

The fight is good, O'Malley will lose and we can finally get the division moving again because Chito loves to fight.
Suga hasn't lost since then in 6 fights, while Chito lost twice since then. That's why Sean is the champ and why Chito is noticeably behind.

Why are we all of a sudden acting like a champ with a former loss isn't legitimate? This isn't even close to the first time it happened. Every one rightly mocked Bisping-Hendo too.

By your logic, Sandhagen embarrassed Chito, so how is Chito a legitimate title contender?

1707452086399.jpeg

giphy.gif

If we're going by merit, Cory is good but Merab has more merit for destroying Yan who beat Sandhagen

If we're going by what makes the UFC the most money, the Chito fight makes more money than the Sandhagen fight

So no Sandhagen title shot either way - Sandhagen is my favorite fighter in the division but the losses to Yan and Aljo make it hard to give him a TS unless he can beat someone like Cejudo, Umar, Merab, etc or those people have had their shots (tbf Umar might not climb the ranks fast enough to be relevant)

Last edited:
I love that before people were all insisting how clear and uncontroversial Chito's win was over O'Malley and that he would crush brittle O'Malley again in a rematch, and how they would love to see that happen, to now people bitching and moaning about it happening

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back