So why did Ortega need a Spanish translator?

Made the thread last night.............They were hiding something, He and the official.

He told the official "te dije en confianza" which means "I told you in confidence".......So I guess he told the official something in spanish that he didn't want the english speaking official to know? Anyways the official was all like "No hay pedo, puedes contuniar" or something like that which means "No problem, can you continue?".......Yeah pretty shady.

Spanish is a language, and Spaniards are actually white.
I hope you learned something today.

You are very weird though. Ortega does not look Spanish European/White whatsoever.
Calm down the anger/bitterness/racism.

He's Chicano. Deal with it. And Hispanics going to be majority in couple years, majority speaking Spanish only. Deal with it.

Watched lots of embedded videos of him, and he speaks Spanish very often, in his Mexican community (in fact when I visited California, they told me Spanish is dominant language in many communities, not English). It's funny to me when Americans get riled up when a guy in their country doesn't speak English. It's pretty obvious that the Hispanic people are a very large percentage of the country, bringing their language with them. When I visited California and LA, sometimes it did not feel like USA but Mexico.

Weird also that this ethnic/racial aspect is brought up all the time too by angry Americans. The guy does not look White by any stretch of the imagination either (at least like Europeans).

Face it, he's a Chicano full and through.
You are very weird though. Ortega does not look Spanish European/White whatsoever.
Calm down the anger/bitterness/racism.

He's Chicano. Deal with it. And Hispanics going to be majority in couple years, majority speaking Spanish only. Deal with it.

You should go to Mexico, it's not even close to the same......Anything Latino in USA, is not close to Mexico, nothing in LA, you gotta be delusional to think that.

Also LMFAO @ saying most Mexicans/Latino speak spanish only....Complete bullshit, most adjust and learn english...I live in a place with 99% mexicans working in Fields, way more Mexican than LA....All their kids speak spanish, they learn thru tv/school/etc.....So yeah, pls stop all this bullshit about how hispanics are gonna take over the country and speak only Spanish......That's complete bullshit and you are trying to divide people over bullshit.

Brian Ortega spanish is not that good.....He knows it but it's obvious as fuck that his primary language is English.

Last edited:
To tell the ref he could see last night?

I'm not sure if anyone else caught that, I speak Spanish and I could swear that at one point when they were wasting time getting out of the corner (I think between rd. 4 and 5), and they were checking Ortega's vision, I thought I heard him get asked if he can see in English, then as he didn't respond they had someone asking him in Spanish to which he responded.

<36>

So what the fuck was that, you got this blue eyed kid from California who lived in his States all his life, and suddenly he needs a Spanish translator? Damn, Volk must have decked him pretty hard, sent his mind back to his ancestry.

Did anyone else catch this?
Dean was trying to give Ortega a break whenever possible. Remember in the middle of a round when Dean stepped in between them, then several seconds later told them to continue?

It's possible the first doctor thought that Ortega had difficulty understanding him because of a language barrier (not because Ortega was likely concussed), so the next time Dean called for a doctor, they sent one who spoke Spanish; or Dean/Ortega were trying to buy more time and acted like a Spanish speaking doctor was needed.

Personally I don't think this is a Mackenzie Dern moment.

Sure, as much as Matt Serra is Italian.

Imagine Luongo translating to Serra in Italian in between rounds like that?

<36>
I know it just a joke, but Matt is Jewish not Italian so yiddish references would have made more sense.

I'm not sure if anyone else caught that, I speak Spanish and I could swear that at one point when they were wasting time getting out of the corner (I think between rd. 4 and 5), and they were checking Ortega's vision, I thought I heard him get asked if he can see in English, then as he didn't respond they had someone asking him in Spanish to which he responded.

<36>

So what the fuck was that, you got this blue eyed kid from California who lived in his States all his life, and suddenly he needs a Spanish translator? Damn, Volk must have decked him pretty hard, sent his mind back to his ancestry.

Yes I did notice it and I found it was very strange as well

i cringed then i heard it,i was like isnt he american all way through??? the ref or doctor or whoever it was asked him ''estas bien''???... whole ortega vibe sucks balls... from the gang signs to the fake im street thug act is a joke

Lots of Americans speak spanish. It's not exactly "un american". Also, I think it was one of Brian's coaches talking to him in spanish, but I'm not sure

Lots of Americans speak spanish. It's not exactly "un american". Also, I think it was one of Brian's coaches talking to him in spanish, but I'm not sure

I thought it was one of Brian's coach too. Trying to get him to snap out of it so the fight wouldn't be stopped. That's how I viewed it.

It was definitely Ortega's coach.
You could see how obvious it was with the funny hat he was wearing

The translators sitting in the booth next to Dana don't wear funny hats.

<36>

Hes a fraud that's why. Dude speaks muy poquito espanol

How it started...
Brian%252520Ortega%252520And%252520Stephanie%252520Roberts%252520With%252520Their%252520Two%252520Sons.jpg

How it's going.....
brian-ortega-ufc-266-press-conference-signs.jpg
whats wrong with his fingers, birth defect from contaminated water?
sad if true
<Ellaria01><Varys01>

i cringed then i heard it,i was like isnt he american all way through???

He is not, he has dual US and Mexican citizenship.

For the uninitiated, you can absolutely live in San Pedro Los Angeles and not speak English at all.

lol i thought the same thing he kinda looks like the main character who also supposedly grew up running the streets

View attachment 881829

I imagine Ortega exists within the karate kid/cobra kai universe whenever I see him haha.

I can imagine him being the star student of John kreese.

I definately think he needs to get atleast a cameo in the new series.

Back