Soccer & the UFC.....

it's europeans, but hey
I'm talking Mexico and anywhere south of the United States who happen to love soccer. Don't get me started on the African nations etc. Yes European countries take up a huge part of the world cup teams but still. I mean it is kind of cool that it's an international sport.

Yet it's mostly third worlders who play it. Soccer that is. Lol civilized. All you need is a ball and a grass field for soccer.

If you want to take it that far, all you need for MMA is to not be dead or severely disabled.

edit: i changed my mind i shouldn't care.

The Chad Ronaldo - 21 million earnings annually( without sponsors).

The Virgin MMA fighter - 15k with Reebok.

The Chad MMA fighter Luke expending that money...

42582.jpg

"Virgin" Ronaldo expending that money...

noticias_file_foto_3467_1449520389.jpg

It would change mma for the worse.
The last thing this sport is going full Nazi "nations and races fight to see who the strongest is", the weak ones will be eliminated and the strong will thrive.

One flag, one people, one team?

The original ufc was onto something though, 8 man bracket with the best fighters on the planet, open weight a huge trophy and prize money- one hell of a night down in Denver, Colorado

It's more about money and professionalism IMO.

Look at how much big soccer clubs are spending to develop, acquire and preserve talent and compare it with UFC.

As for professionalism, if a player/ team would gass after a few minutes in a title match like some UFC fighters, there would be serious consequences and heads would fall.

MMA is an exciting sport, but it's run at a very low level and nation vs nation won't change that.

it's frowned upon because for some reason this is the only relevant country in the world where football wasn't popular. I mean you guys watch NFL and baseball, it can't get worse than that

They call the baseball final "world series", it got worse...

Fighters fight about 2-3 times a year so let them fight those fight to get a title shot

Have you seen what most fighters look like after an MMA fight, there's no way the top fighters are gonna get those kind of beatings for a theme based show. Maybe if amateur MMA was getting more popular (with shin pads , head gear and 7 oz gloves). It's pretty much the only way you can do multiple fights in a month.

There's only an handful of countries that have more than 2-3 UFC level fighters, maybe when it's gonna be a completely global sport, but right now there's USA and Brazil the rest of the world is very shallow
Give them recovery shots. Why wait? You gotta start at one point and everything else will fall in place in time. Increase the cash prize for winning and trust me, you will see fighters from all over the world training and getting ready to take part of this world class competition

good idea, BUT the problem is MMA is pretty much unknown outside USA and Brazil, Japan and few other countries.
I am 100% sure if you would ask people in the street in Belgium what MMA or UFC means most would not know what your talking about...
Never noticed how many UFC fighters are either american or brazilian?
Agreed but you gotta start somewhere. By time, the sport will spread like soccer

What countries?
USA and Brazil would beat the shit out of the other 193 countries.

Soccer is the worst sport IMO. I think if they allowed some contact similar to NBA basketball in the 1990s. It wouldn't be frowned upon by us Americans as much. The flopping down and the players crying and acting like trying to win an academy award is the biggest pussy shit I've ever seen. Makes them all look like effeminate beta males. I literally saw a guy who wasn't even touched flop down and start rolling as if he was having a seizure. Also the low scoring doesn't help much either. When a team wins 1-0 That's a "blowout" in soccer. I'm like Hank hill on soccer.
7+ billion people disagree with you mr. Alpha male

Football is the greatest sport on the planet. MMA and UFC is bush league shit with bums competing for peanuts in comparison. No one cares about MMA. The world cares about football.

Imagine FIFA blaming their viewing figures on The Avengers release weekend...

Then again football is watched by around 3 billion people.

The Chad MMA fighter Luke expending that money...

42582.jpg

"Virgin" Ronaldo expending that money...

noticias_file_foto_3467_1449520389.jpg
We can all cut and paste all day to support the points we're making. I can post pics of MMA fighters hanging out with "the boys" as well. What does that prove?

America doesn't deserve football or rugby. Those sports are reserved for the civilised world.

This is exactly why white belts can no longer make threads and have their post amount limited.

Back