Someone put their balls in my Guinness

It's Irish magic

I saw the "widget" first in Boddingtons, thought they were the first.
Boddo%27s.jpg

Google says: In 1992, Boddingtons introduced the widget can and was one of the first beers to use this technology. When Boddingtons is canned, the combination of the carbon dioxide and nitrogen needed to create the head of the beer is less than ideal.
In any case, drink up!
So perusing your linked article, I was prepared to concede that Guiness was the innovators, but further investigation on the internet says it was neither. A museum of plastics says it was Whitbread.

Well hell, all from the wiki
Boddingtons remained independent until 1989, when Ewart Boddington sold Strangeways Brewery and the Boddingtons brand (but not the tied estate) to Whitbread for £50.7 million.[44]
Success was attributed to an excellent marketing campaign, and being the first canned ale to be sold with a widget after Guinness.[46]

I saw the "widget" first in Boddingtons, thought they were the first.
Boddo%27s.jpg

Google says: In 1992, Boddingtons introduced the widget can and was one of the first beers to use this technology. When Boddingtons is canned, the combination of the carbon dioxide and nitrogen needed to create the head of the beer is less than ideal.
In any case, drink up!
Man I could go for nice cold glass of boddingtons, the damn Irish pub i go to just recently took it off the menu.

Very sad

Guiness sucks.

Sounds like you were payed a visit from the gay leprechaun. No gold for you this time.

Last edited:
At least you realized before you swallowed it all and got to the balls.

Bought some Guinness in cans and when the can's empty I can hear something rattling around in there. I shine a light down in the can and there's like a plastic ball thing in there.

Who put their balls in my Guinness and why?
You left your drink unattended, you asked for it bro.

What can I say, I suffer from Derrick Lewis disease.

I don t get the appeal of stout. Tastes like someone fermented caramel and an ashtray for week.

To be honest I don't like the taste of 4.2% Guinness it's the 7.5% Bottled Dublin brewed stuff.... I avoid the bottles with the red strip in the corner, that's the Nigerian brewed stuff and it's got a strange sweetish taste to it.

I literally went to the bar last night and the female bartended smelled like a yeast infection from 10 feet away

It's a session beer. You can have ten and feel fine, not unlike drinking a nice pilsner.

I guess it's just a different mindset or taste. I never viewed a stout as something that I'd seek a session beer for. To me it makes since with a pilsner, lager, session IPA, etc., but a stout is not something I'm going to want to have several throughout a long day. If I was going for a long day of drinking stouts, I'd either be sipping a higher ABV or take breaks in between.

Guiness is a stout and on the grain bill are chocolate malts.

I blame Chef for this one man.
Balls and chocolate malts on the grain bill is no coincidence.

Back